1 Thread(s)

How do you know in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by HaoFung View Post
    the racket is supposed to be extra stiff

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought your racquet is always extra extra stiff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    How do you know in the first place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UK Sellers posted in pre-sale info on their website. The racket will be released during the AE so I guess they got the correct info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

YONEX NanoSpeed 9900 Review

Review Date : January – February 2009
    Launch Date : Feb 24 2009
    Racket Type : Yonex NanoSpeed 9900
    Specs : 3UG4
    Strings: Yonex Nanogy98 ( Supplied )
    Tension: 30lbs , 1 Piece Stringing
    Stringing Machine : Yonex ESPRO
    Technology : Nanoscale Technology, Elastic-Ti (GuMMetal) , High Modulus Graphite ,Solid Feel Core + Special Fullerene
    Grip: Original Grip
    Shuttle Used: Yonex Official and Yonex Tournament

First Impression:
    I have not been receiving a lot of samples lately from the “Evil Empire” as some who have quoted about Y Company. But when they deliver, they really deliver. With the latest batch of goodies, one item that strikes my eyes when the box is open is this piece of racket, which I’ve summoned to do something about it. Curiously and delicately I open the piece of plastic. I feel somehow like a child receiving a Christmas or Birthday gift.
    So in my heart I must be thinking... hey this must be the latest NS9000 series that I’ve been told before. True to it looking at the logo on the shaft and grip “NanoSpeed9900”!. It confirmed my excitement. At least now I have some toys to try out.
    As I’ve mentioned before in my old Review on NS9000 X/S. I don’t like their color initially. But then it grew on you eventually. Probably it’s the vision of the designer to make the NS9000 stands out and have a “Futuristic” look. But then the NS9900 looks much better than its predecessor I would say.
    After using Armortec900 and Armortec700 for sometime. I’ve decided to switch back to NS9000 in order to adapt to the weight balance of the NS9900 before I do the post mortem of the specimen.

It feels comfortable when I handle the racket. Seems to feels at home whenever I use a genuine high-end racket. The weight balances well with a tiny head heavy feel even when it’s a head light racket.

Stringing Impression:
    This racket is easy to string. I don’t see much movement of the racket frame when it is pulled at 30lbs on both main and the cross. It really feels solid. Technically this racket can be strung up to 38lbs based on the unofficial report. So I think that there is a improvement on the durability.

Warm Ups:
    I love the flex of this racket. Mixture of Stiff to Extra Stiff when I hit the shuttle. Probably it’s the feel of a new racket. Everything is so crisp. Swing wise is not as hard as compare to the NS9000 X/S. Probably because of the design of the racket frame. During initial hits, I did feel some vibration. Nevertheless it does not interfere with the control of the shuttlecock as well as the fine touches. Baseline to baseline hits is easy, as I do not need to “force” hit it. Overall, smashes seem bit more powerful but drives need a little effort. The racket head seems to move faster with the swing.

Game Time:
    I like the way of the racket movement when I swing. When it passes thru the air I don’t feel much drag compare with the rest of the NS rackets. Even it’s a head light racket, you can feel the precision and the touch of the shuttle. The placement of the shuttles around the court is without much effort. The delivery of the signal from the frame to my brain seems much clearer when I was executing drops and net play. However I was not so happy when come to flat drives, the racket needs more of my effort to produce the momentum when returning back the shuttles. However the maneuverability of the racket is easy and fast even when comes to doubles play. I’m satisfy with the overall performance. Smashing power and hit feel wise does reminds me of the AT900 Technique which surprises me since NS9900 is a head light racket. Long drives is good and I can execute them with much ease even when I’m tired. Less drag does makes a lot of difference when comes to performance. I love the handling of the racket during returning smashes. However I have to be more careful to adjust the power as so the shuttle won’t fly over the baseline. Defense wise this racket is excellent.

Conclusion:
    Its been almost 3 years since the last Nanospeed 9000 series and Yonex has been working diligently as well as going thru the fine details and specs into producing this latest piece of Technology. NS9900 boast to have the fastest racket head swing compare with the rest of the NS Series. Technical wise thus produce more power in the smashes and drives. For those who fancy Yonex NanoSpeed Series. NS9900 will be another breakthrough in terms of technology, design as well and its usability on court. Durability of the racket frame is enhanced thus making this racket more long lasting on court and as well as holding high tension and frequent stringing.
    For the advance players, I would suggest to use a 2U specs instead as generally 2U rackets is more durable therefore your racket will probably last longer for the regular play with high tension string. Not that 3Us spec is not good, some may find 2Us too heavy for them to use. For those who is looking for an upgrade from NS9000 S/X to NS9900…this is the time to do so. Definitely you will not regret making the decision. As to quote this racket … “moves like a butterfly sting like a bee” as it strikes like a head heavy racket and easy on handling. Yet again Yonex and its R&D team has always made the best racket there is in Badminton. This time with the arrival of NS9900 your game won’t feel the same again!

I would rate this racket in terms of Feel, Control, Power and Defense. However it is based on my own test and review. It may vary depending on the player, tension and what string you use.

Feel: 9.5/10
    Control: 9.5/10
    Power: 9/10
    Defense: 9/10
    Maneuverability: 9/10

Pros: Design,Technology, Fast Racket Speed, Durability, Good control and
    Maneuverability

Cons: Price

Suitability: Intermediate/Advance. Singles/Doubles Players

Ants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the great review. Do you have any pictures? I'm also curios. How do you have connections with Yonex for them to let you do testing on new products?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXCELLENT review!!!! I'm sooo excited to see what the finished product looks like!!!
    This seems to be the ultimate racquet! - Power and head speed all in one?!! amazing!
    BTW... if anyone is interested - tennisnuts is already accepting pre-orders for the NS9900. They are expecting them to arrive sometime in March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First to thanks Ants for the great review. Is NS9900 is more heavy head than NS9000S?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the review Ants! I Enjoyed reading it. However it kind of lead me to more questions than it answered :-) (But YY here has already promised me an early ex of the racket right after official release).

Anyway The review raised some questions, that I hope, you can answer.

You say headlight.. Headlight as in more headlight than 9000X? More headlight than NS7K? please give some refrences with other rackets, otherwise it is really hard to make some conclusions about the racket based on the review :-)

According to your scores, I understand your view is that the NS9000 is better or equal to ARC-10 in all department, so it should easilly be the best Yonex racket overall?!?! In your opinion, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Ants
    ARC-10

Defense: 8.5/10
    Maneuverability: 8.5/10
    NS-9900

Defense: 9/10
    Maneuverability: 9/10
    I am also abit confused about your comments about the power, you compare it to be equal to AT900T in the power department, but you rated the 900T below NS9900 and ARC-10 in your scores?!?

AT-900T
    Feel: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    Power: 8.5/10
    Defense: 9.5/10
    I don't get it.. Do you feel the Power is equal to 900T or ARC-10??

How would you rate the stiffness relative to NS9KX,S,ARC10,ARC9 ?

Cheers,
    Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good and excellent questions Twobeer.. i just Pmed u my answers to your question. I hope its satisfactory to you. If further questions from other guys... you can just PM me. This is a review thread.. not a Q and A thread.
    Last edited by ants; 02-10-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent review Ants but i am unlikely going to buy it since i love my budget rackets i currently have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For this time i will put the answer here.

As for the score.. the rule here is that you must not compare it directly to other rackets as its has their own individuality.

That is like comparison already. I wouldnt want to compare the result with other rackets.
    For example..... AT900T Effort 7 Power Output 9. NS9900 Effort 6.5 Power Output 9. Therefore here NS9900 is a more powerful racket. This is just for example only Not necessary true.

Overall it might be the best racket.. i say MIGHT. But also depends on
    the player, tension and what string you use.
    I might say AT900 Power is the best.. but some might say AT700 or Arc10 is the best.
    But then i think this is great racket to use.

I dont rate the rackets based on the results with other rackets. I rate them individually. No one racket is superior than the rest. If it is.. then most Pros will just use one model of racket.

As in headlight... NS9900 feels slightly lighter than NS9000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your review and explanation.
    Looking forward to seeing the color of the racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love fast racquet .......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. I'll look out for it when I visit a shop or see somebody using it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ants. it seems like a great racket. I cant wait to try it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ants, how does the NS9900 compare to the NS8000?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and pics?
    thanks ant

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast