User Tag List

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 205 to 221 of 808
  1. #205
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Coming from an ti10, At700 i can see that, timing between those are very different...
    /Twobeer
    I find it much easier to adjust from AT/Ti-10 to NS than NS to AT/Ti-10.

  2. #206
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    It is definitively worth breaking the piggy bank for the NS9.9K .. However for singles the TC700 has the power edge for me!!

    Great racket!!

    The balance is more mid-balance towards headlight, compared to the TC700 which I tjhink is more mid balanced slightly towards head-heavy imop. So it was not very hard for me to adjust timing to the NS9.9K.. (only timing issue i had was really finding the sweetspot consistently on all out smashes, of course at 33lbs the sweetspot isnt huge to begin with :-))

    /Twobeer
    2beer, what frame design is the 9900? closer to NS8k or NS9k?

  3. #207
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't have a piggy bank to break for such a racquet. Do they take Creadit card????

  4. #208
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am so glad that Ant and TB wrote such good reviews and give such good recommendation on NS9.9k. I am still waiting for my US coded one to come in. The damn slow po. My wife told me I just got a box from the evil empire and I am still in KC and flight is delayed...

  5. #209
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    2beer, what frame design is the 9900? closer to NS8k or NS9k?
    Closer to NS8K (narrower than 9K... I'll try to post a picture :-)

    /T

  6. #210
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    TB, your review doesn't count . You get a special pick, not the normal GR.

    Is it the string job 2 piece or 1 piece? 33 X 35?
    Two piece 33x35 .. but i think one of the rackets lost 1-2 pounds after a few hours (no string breakage :-D ... yet) ...

    /T

  7. #211
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    And they used Yonex ES5-Pro stringing machine?

    BTW, I would like to know if the stringers used Yonex's recommendation of starting the cross from the throat of the frame. Please do a pull test with your finger. Pull the first cross up and down from the head side. If the first cross string is very tight, then the stringer started the cross stringing from the head. If the first string is loose, then the stringer started from the throat or the middle of the frame.

    Has the special package arrived yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Two piece 33x35 .. but i think one of the rackets lost 1-2 pounds after a few hours (no string breakage :-D ... yet) ...

    /T
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 03-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.

  8. #212
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Closer to NS8K (narrower than 9K... I'll try to post a picture :-)

    /T
    the picture may not be very good.. but the frame is more slim than NS9K...

    (it is also interesting to note that grommet placement is a little bit different on all three)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by twobeer; 03-02-2009 at 06:24 PM.

  9. #213
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think out of all the new yonex racquets, the AT600 sounds like the only one I'd try out after these reviews!

  10. #214
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    And they used Yonex ES5-Pro stringing machine?
    Nope. Babolat Sensor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    BTW, I would like to know if the stringers used Yonex's recommendation of starting the cross from the throat of the frame. Please do a pull test with your finger. Pull the first cross up and down from the head side. If the first cross string is very tight, then the stringer started the cross stringing from the head. If the first string is loose, then the stringer started from the throat or the middle of the frame.
    Actually both the the top and the bottom feels less tight than the rest, so I assume he started from the middle ?!?! Do you think it is a poor string job? Anyway it feels tight and nice in play :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Has the special package arrived yet?
    No I am beginning to loose faith... I got a tracking no. from badmintonshoponline (where I ordered it from), but it only tracks to until it leaves Hong Kong, and I have not got any indications (not even from customs) about the package..

    /T
    Last edited by twobeer; 03-02-2009 at 06:36 PM.

  11. #215
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah, maybe the stringers didn't activated the 10% pre-stretch function. The string loose a lot of tension without pre-stretching.

    It can be a either starting from the middle or off middle (shuttle-house method and Victor stringing pattern) or bottom (pull two strings at once) or top (pull two strings at once) . . . etc. Each stringer has his/her reasons. However, I would pull directly on the first cross whether from the bottom or top side. Get a second NS-9900 with the cross strung top down. Compare and post a review of the two.

    That's so strange. How many weeks has it been since the shipment went out of HK?

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Nope. Babolat Sensor.


    Actually both the the top and the bottom feels less tight than the rest, so I assume he started from the middle ?!?! Do you think it is a poor string job? Anyway it feels tight and nice in play :-)



    No I am beginning to loose faith... I got a tracking no. from badmintonshoponline (where I ordered it from), but it only tracks to until it leaves Hong Kong, and I have not got any indications (not even from customs) about the package..

    /T

  12. #216
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Ah, maybe the stringers didn't activated the 10% pre-stretch function. The string loose a lot of tension without pre-stretching.
    ahh. that could be an explanation of my feel that it lost a few pounds duirng play :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Twobeer
    "Two piece 33x35 .. but i think one of the rackets lost 1-2 pounds after a few hours (no string breakage :-D ... yet) ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    It can be a either starting from the middle or off middle (shuttle-house method and Victor stringing pattern) or bottom (pull two strings at once) or top (pull two strings at once) . . . etc. Each stringer has his/her reasons. However, I would pull directly on the first cross whether from the bottom or top side. Get a second NS-9900 with the cross strung top down. Compare and post a review of the two.
    You mean get a third :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    That's so strange. How many weeks has it been since the shipment went out of HK?
    Got a note from te post office today for an international package.. fingers crossed..
    Last edited by twobeer; 03-03-2009 at 03:53 AM.

  13. #217
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    ahh. that could be an explanation of my feel that it lost a few pounds duirng play :-)
    I usually loss 4~5lb of weight after 2 hr of play. Water weight...

  14. #218
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i read your review and it's more glowing than Ant's
    AHahha... yeah more glowing than mine.. good to know that more pll is doing their own reviews. So i can retire from doing it next time.

  15. #219
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    AHahha... yeah more glowing than mine.. good to know that more pll is doing their own reviews. So i can retire from doing it next time.
    No, you reviewed it before release. That makes a difference.

    You're not getting out of reviewing that easily, ants.

  16. #220
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    AHahha... yeah more glowing than mine.. good to know that more pll is doing their own reviews. So i can retire from doing it next time.
    retire and do what? hehe

  17. #221
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    retire and do what? hehe
    Retire and be merry. . Hehehe seriously i do hope my reviews add value. I am also learning from you guys. The other reviews if not good, they are better than mine.

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    : 12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
  2. FS: Yonex Nanospeed 9900, HEAD metallix 10000 tour, Yonex Nanospeed 800 (UK preferred)
    By htvc1 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 08-19-2010, 06:52 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Nanospeed 9900, HEAD metallix 10000 tour, Yonex Nanospeed 800 (UK pref)
    By htvc1 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 06-04-2010, 10:26 AM
  4. Need review of Yonex Nanospeed 9900 & Arc Saber 7
    By ::R:: in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 05-28-2010, 09:46 PM
  5. My review: Yonex Nanospeed 9900 vs Yonex Armortec 900 Technique
    By LD rules! in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 40
    : 03-21-2010, 02:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •