Racket Care

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by lostatse, Feb 5, 2009.

1. lostatse

lostatse Regular Member

Student
    Do you guys do anything to protect your rackets? Any sort of maintenance or little things that may come to mind. I personally keep them away from annoying little siblings by placing them high up away in one of my closets.

A friend of mine keeps his NS8000 in the conservatory, I'm not so sure about this as in UK they can become very hot rooms in the day, then cold at night. I'm not too sure about the effect of this type of weathering, expansion and contraction, effect on badminton rackets. As a precaution I keep my rackets away from conservatories or anywhere where it may be very hot or very cold, what do you guys think about this?

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    It wouldn't do any good for the strings to keep the racket in the conservatory. I'm not sure about the racket itself though.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I rub my (non-towel) grips down with nail varnish remover after each session - I recently discovered that it rejuvinates the stickyness to virtually new condition. I must say I don't think the conservatory is a good idea - the temp goes up and down like a pogo stick, especially in one that faces south (like ours).

(I string my rackets so often now that that could be called "maintenance":eek:)

4. Uncle tan

Uncle tan Regular Member