Help me choose a yonex racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Imsoochrisspy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Imsoochrisspy

Imsoochrisspy New Member

student
    Right now, I use a Arcsaber 7 but i tend to hit too hard with that racket. I want a racket that has control, good for singles, hit hard but not too hard. I dont understand like whats flexible, stiff etc. I think that my arc7 is medium. Plz help. Thnks :]

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Your problem is not your racket, it's your technique. It's impossible to hit too hard. Fu Haifeng has hit a smash (in court) at over 300Km/h and I am pretty sure you can't get anywhere near that speed. I could be wrong, I just highly doubt it. If you hit too long with the Arc7 (in my opinion, a great racket), you'll hit too long with any racket. I'd recommend you visit the technique and training forum and ask for some advice on how to hit shots steeper and stuff. I'm not very good at describing badminton techniques to people who don't know them so I'll leave it for somebody who is.

3. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Yep, what he said.

If it's delicate net shots you're having trouble with - like if they "ping" off the racket too fast, so you can't keep them low over the net - then you could always try re-stringing at higher tension.

Either way, the racket itself is not to blame.

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    "You tend to hit too hard" when all you want to do is "hit hard".

So, how much is hard? :eek:
    How much is too hard? :eek: