User Tag List

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 583
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Has anyone visited their website?
    http://www.lining.com/EN/home/index.html

    Must say it's rather underwhelming
    Can you explain?
    BTW, Yonex is a much older company than Li Ning. Already Li Ning is financially a bigger company than Yonex and it's revenue has already overtaken Yonex's and it's profit is about ten times larger than Yonex's.
    A taste of things to come is Li Ning's staggering revenue and profits growth over the very few years since it started as a company, like growths in the 50 to 60% each year.

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Can you explain?
    BTW, Yonex is a much older company than Li Ning. Already Li Ning is financially a bigger company than Yonex and it's revenue has already overtaken Yonex's and it's profit is about ten times larger than Yonex's.
    A taste of things to come is Li Ning's staggering revenue and profits growth over the very few years since it started as a company, like growths in the 50 to 60% each year.
    I think you misunderstand me. The website is rather underwhelming for such a supposedly large company.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The case of Li Ning and Yonex is a classic case of Yonex not realizing the importance of an emerging China. Instead of forming a joint venture with China in the early days, it has overplayed its "Made in Japan" is superior strategy thru quality differentiation. Now I can only see Yonex as the biggest loser overtime in the badminton equipment market, having been beset with problems from less well known Chinese competition, is now faced with a competitor it cannot win.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The case of Li Ning and Yonex is a classic case of Yonex not realizing the importance of an emerging China. Instead of forming a joint venture with China in the early days, it has overplayed its "Made in Japan" is superior strategy thru quality differentiation. Now I can only see Yonex as the biggest loser overtime in the badminton equipment market, having been beset with problems from less well known Chinese competition, is now faced with a competitor it cannot win.
    experienced players will use what is most advanced and valued products. Let see how will this head to head competition in badminton equipments pan out. Right now, the japanese cars are still much desired and recognized as the best value. Just because buick signed up tiger wood, i don't drive a buick. LN has to have good products to convince me to buy their products, regardless how many pros they may sponsored.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The case of Li Ning and Yonex is a classic case of Yonex not realizing the importance of an emerging China. Instead of forming a joint venture with China in the early days, it has overplayed its "Made in Japan" is superior strategy thru quality differentiation. Now I can only see Yonex as the biggest loser overtime in the badminton equipment market, having been beset with problems from less well known Chinese competition, is now faced with a competitor it cannot win.
    I see your point, but can not totally agree.

    Yonex earns its name, not because it only sponsors CHN team. It also sponsors various teams from the power houses as well. Sure, losing sponsor players such as LD may be a big lost, but I do not think others will consider Yonex "no good", because Yonex will only have LCW, TH, etc under belt.

    Yonex does not earn that much market share in CHN to begin with, due to its much higher cost. Now, LN steps in, but with the massive signing, LN/Kason may need to adjust its price tag (mostly higher) to swallow the cost. So, in some of a way, Yonex can actually take advantage of it. I am pretty sure badminton die hard know LCW, TH, but not only LD.

    In the western markets (as well as most other Asian markets), Yonex are much well established than LN/Kason. By losing LD and co. I do not think everyone will start to trash Yonex on ebay, and switch to LN/Kason in a split of second, just because the symbol changed.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    north america
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Yonex does not earn that much market share in CHN to begin with, due to its much higher cost. Now, LN steps in, but with the massive signing, LN/Kason may need to adjust its price tag (mostly higher) to swallow the cost. So, in some of a way, Yonex can actually take advantage of it. I am pretty sure badminton die hard know LCW, TH, but not only LD.

    In the western markets (as well as most other Asian markets), Yonex are much well established than LN/Kason. By losing LD and co. I do not think everyone will start to trash Yonex on ebay, and switch to LN/Kason in a split of second, just because the symbol changed.
    yonex for the last 50+ years has solidified itself has king of badminton. even people who know very little about the sport know that Yonex is a quality brand for badminton equipment. This is a trust and reliability issue, you cannot buy trust, you MUST earn it. Yonex is a tried and proven brand, world champions, all england champions and olympics champions of the past 50+ years have pretty much all used yonex.
    Of all the olympic medals given out, probably 95% of them are yonex sponsored. About Li NIng taking over Team China as main sponsor, i really don't think Yonex needs to worry too much. Yah, Li Ning sponsored Team China and a whole bunch of big names, but so what? They are not proven.

    The only problem i see for Yonex is losing Lin Dan. He is badminton. Forget everybody else, he is the face of badminton as a whole. If anything, Yonex needs to keep this guy. I mean, blame Lin Dan for the ridicoulous price of the old AT700. Any equpiment he uses instantly turns into gold. People will buy whatever he wears and uses. If Yonex were smart, they would sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal, maybe 1-2 million USD a year, just to use there stuff.
    Now, i dunno if this is possible, i hear there are strict sponsorship deals with Chinese national teams.
    maybe lin dan should turn independent hahah kidding

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UK + China (Xi'an)
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yourbestfriend View Post
    maybe lin dan should turn independent hahah kidding
    lol why would he want to? do you honestly believe that only yonex make good quality badminton rackets? victor and sotx have been around for years and if LD prefers to use SOTX in his spare time, (who coincidentally have always sponsored him for personal use), then i really dont see why LN and KASON cant make equally good rackets in the very very near future lol. It's all about which company has the greates marketing power and there's only gonna be one winner. I actually fear for yonex's extinction from badminton lol. i think they still make the best shoes even if there is negligible difference in rackets - oh and their shirts are much better looking haha.

  8. #76
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I think you misunderstand me. The website is rather underwhelming for such a supposedly large company.
    that's link for investor boss .....

    they have another website :
    http://www.li-ning.com or http://intl.li-ning.com/

    Li-Ning : Anything is Possible ....

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Look, Yonex is the market leader in badminton racquets solely due to its brand name, not better quality than competition. Racquet manufacturing is actually very low tech, contarry to what many think. The only high tech comes from the raw materials used to make the racquets, and for that Yonex or for that matter all other racquet manufacturers know next to nothing about how to manufacture say hmg, uhmg, titanium, cup stack nanotubes, etc. These high tech fibers and resins and matrixes are made by other more high tech companies, and they sell such materials to all racquet manufacturers like Yonex, Kason, Victor, Chao Pai, RSL, etc.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UK + China (Xi'an)
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Look, Yonex is the market leader in badminton racquets solely due to its brand name, not better quality than competition. Racquet manufacturing is actually very low tech, contarry to what many think. The only high tech comes from the raw materials used to make the racquets, and for that Yonex or for that matter all other racquet manufacturers know next to nothing about how to manufacture say hmg, uhmg, titanium, cup stack nanotubes, etc. These high tech fibers and resins and matrixes are made by other more high tech companies, and they sell such materials to all racquet manufacturers like Yonex, Kason, Victor, Chao Pai, RSL, etc.
    I think the guy's right.

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Foo View Post
    I think the guy's right.
    ur only 19, u'll learn soon one day

  12. #80
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    meanwhile here's some pictures posted by suetyan in another thread.
    KOREA's latest Victor t-shirt.!

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...postcount=1536

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UK + China (Xi'an)
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    ur only 19, u'll learn soon one day
    Learn wot??? I was agreeing with his explanation on how rackets are manufactured. Does that even have anything to do with age??? i dont see the connection. Is a 65 year old likely to have more knowledge about racket manufacturing than a 19 year old? somehow i dont think so...

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    france
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    experienced players will use what is most advanced and valued products. Let see how will this head to head competition in badminton equipments pan out. Right now, the japanese cars are still much desired and recognized as the best value. Just because buick signed up tiger wood, i don't drive a buick. LN has to have good products to convince me to buy their products, regardless how many pros they may sponsored.
    I don't think so, especially in the case of the chinese players. If they're told to use LN, they will. LN is chinese... chinese pride

  15. #83
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Look, Yonex is the market leader in badminton racquets solely due to its brand name, not better quality than competition. Racquet manufacturing is actually very low tech, contarry to what many think. The only high tech comes from the raw materials used to make the racquets, and for that Yonex or for that matter all other racquet manufacturers know next to nothing about how to manufacture say hmg, uhmg, titanium, cup stack nanotubes, etc. These high tech fibers and resins and matrixes are made by other more high tech companies, and they sell such materials to all racquet manufacturers like Yonex, Kason, Victor, Chao Pai, RSL, etc.
    Most racket brands uses the same or almost same materials. I do agree that racket manufacturing is low tech. Most of the costs goes into R&D. But if the quality is not better than competition.. most people will be using other brands instead of Yonex since other brands is much cheaper. I'm not saying that other brands is not good. But what make a company good is making themselves ahead of others. I'm sure many companies will be able to do so if they have a proper mgmt, system and a good team as well as R&D. This does not apply to rackets but business in general.

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chinese players are familiar with Kason racquets and have used them for domestic competition. BTW, do you know who is the racquet technical advisor to Kason? None other than the great one, the "Thing", or Tang Xianhu.

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    But if the quality is not better than competition.. most people will be using other brands instead of Yonex since other brands is much cheaper. I'm not saying that other brands is not good. But what make a company good is making themselves ahead of others. I'm sure many companies will be able to do so if they have a proper mgmt, system and a good team as well as R&D. This does not apply to rackets but business in general.
    I don't think a majority of players really have sucha good grasp of which racket or technology is "good", and the differences between different rackets and technologies.. Most recreational playes have only tested a few rackets for a limited time, and make purchase decision more on marketing, brand-recognition etc. than based on detailed specs, racket technology and suitability for their game/level.

    Similiarily the pros. choice of rackets are more based on how much sponsor money the get from using it. I have never met a pro that would be unwilling switch to another brand if given significantly more sponsor money from using that compared to his current brand..

    The pros also focus so intensely on their training and using the racket they currently get sponsor money from using, so they do not have the luxury (or insentive) to try every racket around to look if there is something better as well.. Look at LD.. I am sure he has tested the ARC 10, and other top models after MP99, AT700. but I really doubt he even has tried for example TC700, Babolat top-end, Forza Top-of the line etc for a significant amount of time, if he even swung it at all :-)

    Hell, what if he liked Forza top end better than his AT700.. He would not be able to use it in any case based on the sponsorship deal between YY and Team China :-) .. Just as IF team China Switch to Li Ning.. He will not be using the AT700, even IF he feels it is the nicest racket :-)

    So, I would say in most cases racket choice for player are based on other aspects than what racket are objectively the best (for him/her)..

    /Twobeer

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Li-Ning Shoes AYAE011-1 and Li-Ning China Team Bag ABJF056-1
    By Cheetah in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 04-08-2012, 03:18 PM
  2. Li Ning in China
    By alphapeta in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 04-29-2010, 05:05 AM
  3. China's Sponsor in 2005
    By Makoto Kanazawa in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 05-22-2006, 05:16 AM
  4. China Open: Major Sponsor = Wilson?
    By DinkAlot in forum Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open 2005
    Replies: 3
    : 11-10-2005, 08:10 PM
  5. when did yonex sponsor the china national team?
    By red00ecstrat in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-05-2005, 11:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •