User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not surprised by this news. There are reports that China still have contract with YOnex. I don't know that if this will be a court case or.. if ever, Li Ning will have to pay for the penalty on behalf of the China team. Which i dont think they have any problem with that. But the situation now is Yonex not willing to let China go.
    Going be an interesting off court issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any of the Chinese players commented on this issue yet? I think players' opinion is definitely a significant part in this controversy between Yonex and Li-Ning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    But the situation now is Yonex not willing to let China go.
    Going be an interesting off court issues.
    I think it is a off court issue already, it is very difficult for both companies to solve everything on the court especially when it involves with money. Nevertheless, the Chinese national team may want to suppose their own nation's brand instead of a foreign brand regardless of their popularity in the sport.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YueFei View Post
    Yea, it's a pretty big step for LN. But personally, I feel it's a bit weird for a brand without much current presence in the badminton market to all of a sudden step up and take on sponsorship for such a dominant team; I guess it can only happen in China.

If Nike and Wilson wants to share the pie, why not LN? At least, LN holds the local market with a bit advantage to begin with, as many still consider LN himself as a national hero.

For the immediate step, I think LN will use MicroSoft strategy for game market. Since LN taking over Kason, it can simply use Kason's technology, and simply put its symbol on. In a long run, with Kason's exisiting knowledge and LN's fund, they should have a bright future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver View Post
    Have any of the Chinese players commented on this issue yet? I think players' opinion is definitely a significant part in this controversy between Yonex and Li-Ning.

I doubt the players have much to say, if s/he still belongs to the team. Overall, its more of a financial decision over anything. Even as good as LD opposite such plan, CHN team won't have to stop to make 1 or 2 ppl happy. Overall, LN (Kason) racket performance is not like 10 times worse than Yonex. If players like GL, ZJW, Sun Jun, Ge Fei, GZC all can choose Victor, I do not think Kason can be any worse.

Also, remember CHN ppl always seem have some "feeling" toward JP, due to the history reason. I doubt any player (even LD) wants to risk his/her reputation (and $$$) to publicly support JP over CHN product, by issue negative comments, or even using threatening tones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In this time of economic recession (the more appropriate expression is 'hell'), it makes sense for China to protect and grow its own.

Why Yonex when Li Ning can benefit China better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players dont have comment on these kind of issue. Its better for them to not say anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post

Also, remember CHN ppl always seem have some "feeling" toward JP, due to the history reason. I doubt any player (even LD) wants to risk his/her reputation (and $$$) to publicly support JP over CHN product, by issue negative comments, or even using threatening tones.
    Yes it is true that Chinese people have this little thing they can't get off from the Japanese due to World War II. Just with some curiosity, is there any financial numbers and terms being released by Li-Ning? I truly think Yonex will do anything to match their competitor's offer as we all know that China is the biggest market at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    In this time of economic recession (the more appropriate expression is 'hell'), it makes sense for China to protect and grow its own.

Why Yonex when Li Ning can benefit China better?
    There is a bit of everything about this issue - history, economics and maybe even politics. A question to all: Will the Chinese government have any words about this issue, if Team China DOES choose Yonex over Li-Ning? Although the Chinese government is proclaiming that they are becoming more democratic in their decisions, will this "small" issue evolve to a serious matter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly think Yonex will do anything to match their competitor's offer as we all know that China is the biggest market at the moment.
    But it's not like Yonex pays $1 more, then CHN team has to sign with Yonex. It's still down to CHN team (or their official) decision. In theory, Yonex can out bid LN by 100 times, but it's CHN team to make the final decision.

Personally, I think LN has a big edge from the "relationship" part, as LN himself is the one to lite the torch in Olympics. Consider LN has been retired for almost 20 years, and suppose to be "nothing more than a business man", it shows quite a bit hint already...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm interesting...
    will lindan and other china players use LiNing starting from now in tourneys other then Team China events? damnn no more old AT700s xDD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's not like Yonex pays $1 more, then CHN team has to sign with Yonex. It's still down to CHN team (or their official) decision. In theory, Yonex can out bid LN by 100 times, but it's CHN team to make the final decision.

Personally, I think LN has a big edge from the "relationship" part, as LN himself is the one to lite the torch in Olympics. Consider LN has been retired for almost 20 years, and suppose to be "nothing more than a business man", it shows quite a bit hint already...
    absolutely agree with this!

there are things that can't be measured by money only, though business is business, business is conducted by human, and human have feelings, humans do what they FEEL is rational in their mind, with factors like "face", economy (now and the future), politics, history, etc...

and how do you know the pros like Yonex? i bet there are consumers and players out there who hate the guts of Yonex and can't wait to see LN slowly dissecting them..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doubtful about the "Yonex out bid LN" part ...

according to this: http://www.ec21baba.com/message_75.html, LN now is the 4th largest sport company in the world. And it has already sponsored NBA stars like Shaquille O'Neal and Baron Davis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winstonchan View Post

and how do you know the pros like Yonex? i bet there are consumers and players out there who hate the guts of Yonex and can't wait to see LN slowly dissecting them..

If Yonex indeed loses CHN (or partially), then actually I consider it's a good thing for badminton in general.

As big as Yonex, it will not just cry and wait to close after losing its biggest customer. On the other hand, Yonex will be forced to try much harder to gain newer market in the west. Right now, Yonex focus way too much in the Asian market, as CHN by itself might be enough to overtake the entire western market.

"Way too much food makes you sleepy, only hunger will awake your desire to fight". To survive, Yonex has no choice but to fight again. If Yonex can invest more in the western markets, and pick up some deals when it still only worth pennies, you never know how the picture will look like after anotehr 10 years...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZhangXi View Post
    doubtful about the "Yonex out bid LN" part ...

according to this: http://www.ec21baba.com/message_75.html, LN now is the 4th largest sport company in the world. And it has already sponsored NBA stars like Shaquille O'Neal and Baron Davis.

Nike and Wilson might have 1,000 times more fund than Yonex, but does not mean Nike or Wilson wants to put all its gold into badminton market.

Again, the decision will be very tricky, as it's not just a simple math calculation of $$$. Like I said, LN is the one lite the torch in Olympics, itself shows a lot of hint about his "relationship" power. Remember, there are tons of better looking, more famous stars in CHN now days, but it's LN, (not LD, ZN, XXF, Yang Wei, Zhang Ziyi, Jet Li, Jackie Chang, etc) lite up the torch...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is true that Chinese people have this little thing they can't get off from the Japanese due to World War II. Just with some curiosity, is there any financial numbers and terms being released by Li-Ning? I truly think Yonex will do anything to match their competitor's offer as we all know that China is the biggest market at the moment.
    to win is to beat, not matching.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All said and done, it will take Li Ning quite a while to break into badminton markets beyond China.

Yonex has hordes of groupies trumpeting and blah-blah-ing its merits to the sporting world outside China. Li Ning has none yet for badminton

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast