NCS better or CCS?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by CkcJsm, Feb 5, 2009.

1. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

NCS harder or CCS?

Which league is better? NCS has Mission, Mt. Eden, Newark Memorial, Irvington, Hercules, James Logan, etc.

CCS had Piedmont, Independence, Mountain View, Homestead, Saragota, Leland, Milptas, etc.

Also which girls games are least competitive and easiest to get into NCS? Doubles, Singles, or Mixed Doubles?
    Basically I'm going to decide what I should play right now so I can train for 3 more months to get into NCS.

2. ZGwolf

ZGwolf Regular Member

Well it all depends on what players are in the area. CCS league has very good players but so does NCS. All up to you.

3. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

mixed doubles isn't really a girls games. singles it MOST competitive, as all the work is done by yourself. points are won and mistakes are made all from your racket.

the other questions kind of vary. if you play with a strong partner, be it doubles or mixed, then that would answer the question? :p

although training would be quite similar for both, singles requires a lot more fitness stamina, hence more endurance training would be required.

if I was you (lol although im a guy) I would choose doubles/mix as these two can accompany each other and can play two if good enough. eg. Lee hyo Jung/Lee yong Dae of korea. current accomplished players in both doubles and mix. a reason for me droppping/playing less singles and switching/concentrating to full doubles :) (currently top 10 in state in doubles)

#3 red_dragon, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

I say over all NCS seems better, but CCS has the higher players.
    however, isn't this chitchat?

5. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    This is indeed chitchat. I agree with jymbalaya's overall assessment in that CCS is not as strong overall; that is is to say, if we were to compare the average player in CCS to a player from NCS, the NCS player would probably be stronger, but I think that's because CCS is more polarized, with a huge difference between the top players (a lot of junior national level players) and the average player.

6. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    yeah i heard it's harder to make it into the badminton teams in NCS because you have to be really good to join. NCS schools, if they play school games against CCS schools, will most likely be stronger. But CCS has more stronger individual players.

7. Suavo

Suavo New Member

I also do believe in the overall assessment with Jymbalaya and Hiroisuke.

Being an assistant coach for Independence, I do recognize that having a good gym is important. Traveling to some of the other schools for games makes me wonder how they can manage with the quality of the gyms. 6-8 VERY cramped courts, horrible lines, air conditioning etc. There is barely any room for spectators, line judges, or two teams to compete against each other. Kudos to them, I'd say.

Many of the kids are not academy trained either. Demographically, the NCS area is more wealthy. Many kids can't afford to play over the summer as well. Unless CCS schools have open gyms during the summer and get really hard training, they'll be severely limited.

There probably will be a bigger gap in terms of skill soon. ESUHSD (East Side Union High School District) will be cutting some sports or mostly likely all sports. Badminton is most likely one of top 3 to go which is unusual when we have been raising our own funds to operate.

:(

8. ace260

ace260 Regular Member

I totally agree. I play for BVAL A-Division (one of ccs leagues) and went to check out the tournament that Independence hosted a few weeks ago and sadly enough, the NCS teams took home the majority of the Frosh/Soph Trophies.

9. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    CIF-SS is the only way to go =) socal!

10. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    dude Varsity League is KRAZY!

11. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i believe you mean Varsity League for _CS/ _ _ _ AL, depending on what finals/ league you are referring to.

12. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    sheesh Emil you know what I mean

13. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    Good luck tomorrow, and keep your kool.