Mass ordering request and procedure discussion

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by silentheart, Feb 6, 2009.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Dear BCBF members,

I am starting this thread to propose we have a set procedure and rules on posting mass ordering badminton items to save money. I would like to get as many inputs from other members so our wonderful Kwun and mods can make a best decision for yes/no and set a procedure for mass ordering.

Here is what I am proposing
    1) A list of member has the mean and method of mass ordering item should be created for the mods. Members who wish to do mass ordering should PM Kwun and declare the source and relationship with the manufacture or store. Need input on what info and format for this.
    2) A PM should be send to the mod or Kwun currently log on and available. May be we can have a mod who is dedicate to review the buy/sell and marketing forum. The PM should state the proposed mass ordering item(s). the payment method and S/H method and charge. Need input on what other detail should be added.
    3) After it is OK with the mod or Kwun, then member can post the mass ordering.

Restriction
    1) The item(s) must be un-available in a major region. For example, Ti10 is N/A in America and Europe. Cab30ms is N/A in South east Asia and EU.
    2) Item(s) must be legal.

Please add or commetn on anything I just post.

Thanks

SH

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Hold On, Folks

Well, my basic position is outlined elsewhere.

In my view, the method used and the purpose it serves are what count.
    If either of these is suspect or shoddy or opaque, we are in for trouble.
    If both of these are honourable and beneficial to many, we should be fine.

It follows that silentheart's suggestion might or might not be a good thing.
    We could debate this until Lee Chong Wei retires but this isn't a vote.
    Only kwun decides forum policy... it's up to him to welcome or kill this idea.

3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

- what about if can get a cheaper price (legal product) compare to locally available ?

example (again the Karakal grip), in Singapore the cheapest is S$ 3.33/piece, while with the mass order can get S$ 2.5/piece because the supplier sells at S$60/box (of 24 pieces).

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I feel the goal is to help members get items they other wise can not get themselves. If it results in saving, that is a plus. However, if it hurts local dealer(s), I will fell bad about that. If the dealer is making a lot off the customer, I would not feel too bad. I think it is depend on case.