Kowloon Area HK

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by Chen Dan :D, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Chen Dan :D

Chen Dan :D Regular Member

KGB spy
    Hey does anyone know anywhere that is good to play in the Kowloon area in Hong Kong. I just played in one place and it was really bad (the floor was really slippery).

Oh by the way what is the speed of the shuttles do people buy in Hong Kong i use Yonex, Carlton and RSL Feathers.?

Please help as i keep knocking the shuttles out with the gentlist of clears......... :(

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Most of the public courts are a similar surface and quite slippery. Though if you have good shoes it shouldn't be too bad. However, on average, courts in UK are worse.

Which place did you play at?

For public courts with good surfaces, I suggest Kowloon City or Lam Tin(up a hill, I forgot the exact name)

3. Chen Dan :D

Chen Dan :D Regular Member

KGB spy
    just played in a place in Ho Man Tin......... Any suggestions on what Shuttle speed to use as three is too fast for a yonex shuttle in HK i also like RSL silver Feathers.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Shuttle Speed

Speed three, if I remember correctly, is equivalent to 78 in distance or 50 in weight. For indoor and air-conditioned courts, I would recommend Speed Three. 77 or 49 is kind of slow as the shuttle slowly disintegrates. For non air-conditioned courts, such as the infamous LaSalle Middle School, I would recommend Speed Two. Hope this helps. If I were wrong would someone more knowledgeable in this area help me out?

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Opppssss!

Sorry, I made a mistake. Speed 3 is actually 77 or 49. Therefore, in air-conditioned gyms one should use Speed 4. Most people in HK use Speed 4 anyway - 78 or 50.