User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 103
  1. #52
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    They didn't win the Swiss Open, did they?
    They lost to a pair from Holland.. Biggest upset of the tourney.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Advent of WCH = Open era?

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Yeah I had read that as well. Surprisingly hard to find that info on when the "open era" began but I'm sure someone around here should now (for tennis it seems to be 1968)
    I don't think the "open era" has the same definition for every sport. Some of them are bound to the amateur/professional issue and others have political implications (post WW2, fall of Iron Curtain etc).

    My belief is that it is the introduction of official World Championship, 1977, which marks the beginning of "open era" in the history of AE (and badminton)

    My 0.02 / mats

  3. #54
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,758
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was my initial thought as well but I remember reading it was already called All England Open before then (iirc that is) ....

    Probably a good question for Gill Clark in the next broadcast
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-23-2011 at 09:27 AM.

  4. #55
    Regular Member Bhinneka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    big island
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    to be honest with you, I think this pair is the best MD right now

  5. #56
    Regular Member GUENNIIIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey guys anybody knows if they use their voltric 70 & 80 in 3u or 4u?

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Min+Sport+i...m#/24716/00:30

    Very interesting documentary about their life as pro players. Maybe someone can create english subtiles? Would be great.

  7. #58
    Regular Member Nauroa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen - Denmark
    Posts
    325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks a lot for this link. Must have missed it when it was televised.

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No problem. Unfotunately I cannot understand a word

  9. #60
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After they surprisingly won the title at the BWF Super Series Finals 2011, I'm looking forward to the Copenhagen Masters. I don't expect them in the shape of the Finals, but let's see, how strong they are after the christmas break ;-)

  10. #61
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,758
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow... What a good combination.. Mogensen/Juhl... this will be something..

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lammbraeu View Post
    After they surprisingly won the title at the BWF Super Series Finals 2011, I'm looking forward to the Copenhagen Masters. I don't expect them in the shape of the Finals, but let's see, how strong they are after the christmas break ;-)
    Do not write them off just yet. If Jung/Lee fails to win the London gold, this is the pair we should watch in the final. They are capable of winning big titles especially in Europe. Another obstacle for Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Do not write them off just yet. If Jung/Lee fails to win the London gold, this is the pair we should watch in the final. They are capable of winning big titles especially in Europe. Another obstacle for Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng
    I agree that this is another pair that is able to match CY/FHF in London OG 2012, however their match would not be as attractive as CY/FHF vs LYD/JJS....

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    I agree that this is another pair that is able to match CY/FHF in London OG 2012, however their match would not be as attractive as CY/FHF vs LYD/JJS....
    They are the dirtiest and foul pair on the planet; but they are capable and good enough to win. Gotta admit.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    They are the dirtiest and foul pair on the planet; but they are capable and good enough to win. Gotta admit.
    Haha, their game delay skills is an absolute cracker. However, i am still hoping that MB/CM will have to fight KSY/YYS for the Bronze & CY/FHF vs LYD/JJS for the Gold, since these two pair will soon be out of the scene...

  16. #67
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just watched the semis match against the Chinese pair and I have to say what bad sportsman Bo - Mo are. Deliberating laughing out loud when the Chinese pair made a mistake! What is their problem? Is this the only way they can win by trying to wind up the opposition. The umpire should stop this and Bo's comment to the umpire at the end of the match was not given a yellow card. This behaviour is disgraceful and tarnishing the game. One of the commentators said they were trying to get the psychological edge but their behaviour was not sporting at all. Mo standing glaring over the net at every winner was quite funny and something you would see in a school playground. Ridiculus. The game will be better when they go. It's a shame as they are good players and very tactically aware.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    Just watched the semis match against the Chinese pair and I have to say what bad sportsman Bo - Mo are. Deliberating laughing out loud when the Chinese pair made a mistake! What is their problem? Is this the only way they can win by trying to wind up the opposition. The umpire should stop this and Bo's comment to the umpire at the end of the match was not given a yellow card. This behaviour is disgraceful and tarnishing the game. One of the commentators said they were trying to get the psychological edge but their behaviour was not sporting at all. Mo standing glaring over the net at every winner was quite funny and something you would see in a school playground. Ridiculus. The game will be better when they go. It's a shame as they are good players and very tactically aware.
    I have seen BoMo play, and i agree they are very frustrating to watch. They do a lot of dirty tricks.

    I think many of the Danes do those tricks. In the women's doubles SF, Pederson was holding her serve for like 7 seconds before serving.

    I didn't see Bo's comment though, what was his comment to the umpire?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mathias Boe Interview
    By egibney in forum Denmark Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 08-08-2010, 04:52 AM
  2. How's Carsten Mogensen now?
    By double in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 4
    : 03-10-2007, 03:46 PM
  3. Carsten Mogensen is out for 6 months
    By klaphat in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 7
    : 05-19-2006, 08:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •