User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hans Kristian Vittinghus

Now, there is already a thread for this player but it doesn't cover his actual playing style. I am a big fan of HKV but I watch him play, he always starts strong. Plays a fantastic first set. But more often then not (in important matches where he is putting pressure on himself to win the match) he completely falls apart mentally in the second and pulls himself together at the beginning of the third, but still cannot convert it. You can see this portrayed in these matches. Matches he WANTS to win.

Hans Vs Du (super series finals 2012: Semi Final)

Hans Vs Tommy (World Championships 2013: First Round)

Hans Vs Tanongsak (Yonex Denmark Open: First Round)

But in total contrast when he is not under self pressure, he is not expected to win, he doesn't expect himself to win, he plays a very impressive steady game and really takes the play to his opponent. seen in this example

Hans Vs Lee Chong Wei

these results are very interesting to me. I feel he a very strong physical player, but psychologically very weak. Very similar to Bao Chunlai on the psychological side of the game.

What are your thoughts? How could a player like that improve his mental game?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For pure sports entertainment, HKV is great value for money. I love watching him.

His drive is certainly not in question.

But one could say that he is wasting precious energy in some of those hopeless diving rallies. While fun for the spectator, they are only useful to HKV if it causes an opponent to make mistakes in their attempt to hit shots that he can't reach. But calm experienced opponents (like LCW) will just keep playing their game knowing that they are more consistent than he is.

Not sure how one becomes more "wise", or self-possessed, apart from by time passing. HKV seems pretty bright. It's just possible that he'll be one whose wisdom strengthens before the body weakens.
    It'd be nice to see him on more podiums.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is very handsome and I'd like to marry him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    I think he is very handsome and I'd like to marry him.
    It is quite refreshing to see a post on a male player's looks.

It ever-so-slightly lessens the embarrassment of seeing the number of posts on female players' threads that refer to their beauty, or lack thereof.

_______

Nevertheless, this thread could use a bump for the OP's interesting original question.
    [HKV's Facebook page here]