At800 string to recommend

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by 77suns, Feb 6, 2009.

1. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    I am using At800 offensive 4U with NBG98 at 24lbs and after 3 games(1 week) i felt the tension has drop considerable.
    Thinking of trying out 27lbs with Bg65Ti and just wonder if it is suitable for 4U racket?

Any recommendation from people here will be great. BTW i am a high intermediate and all rounder double player. Thanks in advance.

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    27Lbs with BG-65Ti should be fine but I wouldn't recommend it to you right now. OK, BG-65Ti is an awesome string and your racket is likely to give up before the strings but you should only change one variable at a time. First, change the string to BG-65Ti and see if you prefer it to the nanogy. Once you've decided on the string, then you should start playing with the tension.

3. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Thanks Danstevens for your advice.I had it change to 65Ti at 24lbs.

But the racket start to crack at the top centre (centre gormet out to both side) soon after it was restring so i play the next morning for only about an hour and stop. :crying: I had return it the shop and hope i can get a replacement soon.

To my surprise i saw another At800DEF 3u crack too on same spot when the stringer showed me on the very next day when i went to ask them about the nature of such crack.

Anyway I prefer this string than NGB98 would string higher the next time but definitely not on this model.

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    The racket cracking on the 12'o area and large loss of tension means a bad stringer.

5. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

I have a At80Off 3u/g4 and a At800Off 3u/g3. I've tried BG-80/68Ti/88Ti. IMO the BG-88Ti suite best. BG-80 is ok, not as good as BG-88Ti. But BG-88Ti will no longer be available (what I've heard).

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I tend to agree with this as well. Maybe time to swtich to a more reputable stringer.

7. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Yes BG88Ti is not available here. I should also make myself clear that the previous 24lbs NGB98 was strung by the first shop and i had return racket to this shop, waiting for Yonex distributor to check now.

The new stringer(another shop) seems very experience (he also coach lots of student everyday...and talk about stringing issue with me during the stringing(and yes he did mention my NGB98 stringing was bad. )

Anyway i was happy with BG65Ti feel so i went back in the afternoon(new shop) to string my ns8000(backup racket) with BG65Ti at from 24lbs to 28lbs and it is holding fine. Previous i had a ti10 strung at 28lbs bg80 at this shop too and it was ok too. therefore when i saw another AT800 at this shop crack at the same spot-it worries me (crack at only 24lbs) to have another AT800 replacement:(..my new at800 was only 12hour( play) old only.

#7 77suns, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

will the shop still have another at800 to replace your cracked one?
    i thought these have been discontinued for a while now.

9. kimir

kimir Regular Member

77suns, which stringer did u go to?

10. Danstevens

Student
    Yeah, even though I'm not in Singapore, name and shame them for all those who are.

11. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    well i think there a lot of them who are not so good stringers and i know a few of them, not very nice to declare them...

but i would say especially those stringer who are experience coach(play at competitive level before )here string very well cos they are very concern about performance. The new stringer seems to do some progressive tension stringing method(hope i got this right) for me at less:D and it seems to have a better sweet spot.

Kimir- PM you already

Dreamz- i think it is possible they dont have any so i just have to wait...

12. Danstevens

Student
    As much as you say it's not very nice (and it isn't) to name and shame them but it wasn't very nice what they did to your racket. If you posted it (and no pressure, it's your choice), then every BCer would know not to go there.

13. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    OK i will put it in this way then- for BCer in the east of SG(there isnt many stringer shop at east), Flymax at Tampines can string tension to 30lbs for Ti10. Having said that it will still very much depend on the racket and its condition.