Volleyball shoes and Badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by CkcJsm, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Volleyball shoes and Badminton shoes

Can you wear volleyball shoes for badminton? And would it be helpful/good?

Since we use the same type of courts.

And volleyball shoes vs tennis shoes.

2. shadow1312

shadow1312 Regular Member

student
    i use to use badminton shoes till i switched over to volleyball ones. I find they work great but they're a bit higher off the ground than badminton shoes

3. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

certain volleyball shoes are good. i see quite a few advanced players wearing mizuno wave spike 9s and also asics gel-domain. i personally have spike 9s, gel-domains, and yonex shb 100mx. you can actually feel the performance difference between them. the yonex give the best mobility, followed by the asics, then the mizunos. they are all good shoes. really depends on your availabilty and price range.

4. dennis913

dennis913 Regular Member

Student
    I chose Asics over yonex, and the asics costed more as well. They were 140 while the shb were 110. I play both so it doesn't matter to me. However, a badminton is designed for badminton. The intensity of lunging back and forth is greater than that of volleyball. Point im saying is it comes down further than the court use. I play on highschool gym courts where both volleyball and badminton is played and they are currently lasting 3 months.

Looking past durability, volleyball shoes give alot of heel support for jumping. I would personally stick within yonex. Just go and try them on for yourself.

BTW its not about the shoes :) i went to a tournement and EVERYBODy was wearing yonex. LOL i felt like an outcast but i still went pretty far :D

5. dennis913

dennis913 Regular Member

Student
    I use volleyball shoes. I just noticed they dont last as long as a "badminton" shoe. But with good care it should. I bought the gel domains and they are great. Good heel support for the keen jump smasher. I just wanted to get out of the Yonex pool.

6. Maltese Maniac

Maltese Maniac New Member

I use mizuno wave spike 6 volleyball shoes and they work great. it all depends on what feels comfortable and offers enough support.