Racket recommendation needed..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by johnjohn, Feb 8, 2009.

1. johnjohn

johnjohn New Member

Hi, i'm an amateur who want to start to play again after a very long break. i'm looking to buy a yonex racket, but i don't know which one is suitable for me.. I used to own isometric power 200 but the racket head felt too heavy for me and i also have carbonex 9 tour, but i think the racket is not stiff enough. i like to use BG-80 strings. and i think i'm an offensive player. So, could you guys help me. I forgot to mention, no budget restriction for this one.

thanks,
    John.

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Well, as you're a beginner, I'd go for a Yonex Armortec 150 or 250 or a Karakal MTec 80 or 85.

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I find the Mtec85 easier to use than the Mtec80, the shaft seems to be more flexible.

Both are equally good but for all around defence/offence, Mtec80 gets my vote.

4. johnjohn

johnjohn New Member

ok, thanks for the reply.. Actually i'm looking into the high end equipment class such as arcsaber 10, nanospeed 9000, or maybe armortec 700, etc. Do you have any recommendation for that class range?

thanks

5. ice man

ice man Regular Member

If you want a stiff balanced racquet, mp99 will do the job