Airblade900 vs MusclePower100

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by shaun, Feb 2, 2001.

1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    how does the Carlton Airblade 900 compare to the Yonex Muscle power 100?
    i'm interested in comments. I personally have not tried the Muscle power, but some people seem to complain that it is a slower raquet due to its weight at the head. and no one seems to talk much bout carltons in this discussion forum

2. Pete

Pete Guest

Hi Shaun,

I like the AB 900 for its price and power it generates compared to the Yonex higher end models. The AB 900 allows me to clear and smash very effortlessly. What can I say, it is a great racquet. Never used the MP-100 before. So can't tell you much here in terms of how they compare. Do you own a AB 900 yourself?

Pete

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    yes i own an Ab900 myself. i like it cos it responds pretty quick due to its light weight...and yes it does provide ample power for drives and smashes

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I own an MP100 (which I actually don't use much), and I've tried out the AB900 a couple of times. It's hard to compare these two. The MP100 has an isometric head shape while the AB900 has a traditional oval one. That alone gives the racquets very characteristics and feeling. If you like the iso head, then don't get a Carlton. I myself swear by the oval head, so for me Carltons are perfect. I find the MP100 sloppy, heavy and slow. I'd say the AB900 feels faster and generally more stable. I think it's a bit lighter too.

5. Robbie

Robbie Guest

Totally agree with you, Mag. I myself swear by the oval head also. I don't own a MP100 but have a ISO-200 but never got used to the head shape. I play with a Aerotus110 or Boron-2. But I suppose at the end of day anyone can adapt themselves to play any racket as long it's a reasonable one.

6. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    True! But you'd have to be really determined if you're ready to invest maybe 2-4 months before fully appreciating a new racquet shape...

7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've MP-100, but not AB 900, however I've AS-1. I personally prefer MP-100 over AS-1, probably because I feel more handly with isometric headshape. AS-1 is lighter than MP-100 but it doesn't give me much better control.

MP-100 is definitely not a fast racquet. I will say it is not good for defense, but control is good in my opinion. If I really need a fast racquet (in a lot of situations, I do), I won't choose MP-100 and AS-1. The situation where I would like to use my MP-100 is when I want to smash real hard - MP-100 is the racquet which give me the best confidence.