new racket (budget <USD 100, non-yonex)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eagleking4, Feb 10, 2009.

1. eagleking4

eagleking4 Regular Member

Student
    hey guys, im using at900t and arc10 as my major rackets. i'd like to buy a couple of non-yonex rackets. ive been looking through pages and threads and apacs sounds like a good brand.

ive no idea which apacs is the high-end ones. i want the feel of at900t, in other words, slight head heavy and stiff shaft and be able to hold 25lbs (at least).

also, if you guys have other brands in your mind (sotx, woven sound pretty good), please tell me the non-yonex that you like! i'd much appreciate your help!

im done with this epic long thread. =] thnx for reading

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Apacs nano 900 power (white) is the clone of AT900T so it will fit your needs and also have a look at AMP and NS series. The SOTX Woven series are mostly stiff-very stiff and are heavy head so have a look into that as well.

3. Jesus

Jesus Regular Member

why no people suggesting the new lethal series? haha... i have found out from apacs site the lethal series is new attacking racket as successor of AMP series which have a lot good comments. last sunday i have bring a ruler and make comparison for few apacs racket head heaviness and balance point (before strung & with original grip) in a badminton shop. those rackets that i have compared and their balance point are as below:

Apacs AMP95 - 290mm
    Apacs Visible Hollow 1800 - 285mm
    Apacs Tantrum 200 - 280mm
    Apacs Lethal 30 - 300mm :eek:

never thought that lethal 30 so head heavy, from apacs website spec written it's bp only 295mm. I am a bit disappointed with AMP95, from apacs website it written to have 305mm bp but when i measure by myself only have 290mm, when i hold on hand compare both obviously feel lethal 30 is much more head heavy. heard lethal 35 is more heavy than lethal 30 but too bad no stock in the shop so i can't compare. Lethal 35 should be the most head heavy and weight(2U) among all apacs racket. i think lethal 30 and 35 will be a good racket for offensive player with powerful smash, really attempting to try it especially lethal 35! :D hopefully someone who have bought it give a review :)

#3 Jesus, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009