0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the weather alone would put you off doing that ;p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are paying way too much. I am paying 10 for a full restring using any...yes any yonex string. Another guy charges 12.50 for a restring using ashaway rally, other strings may cost 1-2 pounds more. Both are very experianced stringers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife is proposing to move to Scotland and live near Loch Ness. She can sell cakes and cookies in shape of Nessie while I string racquet next to her. I will have my camera with me all the time in case I need to capture the picture of monster...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you charge 27 per restring, there's no way the nessie will appear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not unless he's playing in a tournament and needs it urgently ;p

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an idea.
    12 for BG65 and add 3 for other string and return within 1 week.
    Charge by by tension for next day return. For example, 15 if you want 15 lb tension, 20 for 20 lb tension. 27 for 27lb tension.
    I will use the lest over strings to make a net to catch Nessie when she come over for resting... Nessie will not come for the cake and cookies. They are not that good...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my friends went into a local sports shop (somewhere in Berkshire) and they tried to charge him 40 (~$60) ) saying "it was very difficult and a rare thing to happen on a badminton racket". He then tried to sell him another racket... He went for the "I'll go somewhere else" option.

The cheapest I've found 7 (nanogy 95) from my coach (he strings for 10 normally). No idea how he makes a sensible profit. Average is 13-15 in Bristol depending on string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    One of my friends went into a local sports shop (somewhere in Berkshire) and they tried to charge him 40 (~$60) ) saying "it was very difficult and a rare thing to happen on a badminton racket". He then tried to sell him another racket... He went for the "I'll go somewhere else" option.

The cheapest I've found 7 (nanogy 95) from my coach (he strings for 10 normally). No idea how he makes a sensible profit. Average is 13-15 in Bristol depending on string.

40 for a string job. That's 25% of the price of a Pro's pro shuttle express stringing machine. Outrageous

The most I've ever been charged is 15. It wasn't a bad string job though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've paid 17 to get a BG65 restring on my racket from a private guy. Its the only strings he does. Other wise its 14 for labour and I have to supply my own strings.

Then theres the shop in town they have done BG80 for 22 and BG 68ti for 20 for me before. But they make a fuss when I ask for a tension of 24lbs, saying thats really tight etc. and try to talk me down on the tension.

If anyone knows any stringers in the Leicester area (preferably with a good range of strings) please let me have their details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only ever gotten my racquet restrung once. I don't know what string was used, but it was a Badminton store so it was probably reasonable quality. Anyway, the standard price was €14, but the guy recognised that it was a Cab 8 and so I got it for €12 since he had played with one when he was my age =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well not only did they take my 30 from me with a smile (no bleeding wonder!) they have restrung it with the WRONG FLIPPING STRING, so rather than BG68Ti I have a bottom of the range Ashaway which will probably snap (it's allegedly @ 27lbs).

As I mentioned I need it for tomorrow, so will play with it then take it back to get restrung yet again. Failing which I'm going to snap the racket over the stringer's head!

Raging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed View Post
    I think I've paid 17 to get a BG65 restring on my racket from a private guy. Its the only strings he does. Other wise its 14 for labour and I have to supply my own strings.

Then theres the shop in town they have done BG80 for 22 and BG 68ti for 20 for me before. But they make a fuss when I ask for a tension of 24lbs, saying thats really tight etc. and try to talk me down on the tension.

If anyone knows any stringers in the Leicester area (preferably with a good range of strings) please let me have their details.
    24Lbs is not really tight at all.

Looking at those prices, why don't you buy a cheap stringing machine and do it yourself? You'd make your money back very quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    24Lbs is not really tight at all.

Looking at those prices, why don't you buy a cheap stringing machine and do it yourself? You'd make your money back very quickly.
    time, effort, lack of space at home, lack of stringing ability ... take your pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mhigham View Post
    Well not only did they take my 30 from me with a smile (no bleeding wonder!) they have restrung it with the WRONG FLIPPING STRING, so rather than BG68Ti I have a bottom of the range Ashaway which will probably snap (it's allegedly @ 27lbs).

As I mentioned I need it for tomorrow, so will play with it then take it back to get restrung yet again. Failing which I'm going to snap the racket over the stringer's head!

Raging
    yikes, should have checked before you left the shop.
    i always check if i'm not familiar with the stringer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mhigham View Post

Raging

Did you find out on the spot or afterward? If on the spot, you should insist them to re-string it right now, instead of making another trip. That's definitely not acceptable to me.

If afterward, then that's part of your fault as well, as you should double check before leave the shop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out in the shop. It's not far from where I work so when I'm back in next Thurs I'll go see them.

Pretty much I'm after my money back (was in a bit of a rush today, and it was just a store assistant on rather than the manager), and I'll pass it to someone in my club to do for 10 (although it will take 2 weeks).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Mhigham, would that store be Bruntsfield sports?
    As I'm looking for a restring on my racquet... And as you may well know, Edinburgh seriously lacks good badminton shops.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast