Oliver Centric!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SheepJumpFish, Feb 11, 2009.

1. SheepJumpFish

SheepJumpFish Regular Member

Student
    I have posted a few threads about which racket I should buy like the Fireblade S-lite but I have decided on buying my another Oliver Centric K4 or 5 (last one frame cracked and not sure whether to get 4 or 5). I want to ask anyone here if they bought one and is living in Britain and where you got it from because I can't find the website I used before. And possibly K4 or K5

Thanks

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Only place I've seen them is sportdiscount.com (which is UK based in spite of the .com)
    Are they good then? I've never seen anyone using them, and "Oliver" as a brand means nothing to me, but they are very cheap.

3. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

4. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    My friend has an Oliver racquet, which I've tried a couple of times. I like the feel of it, it's quite light but the frame feels solid.

5. blundey

blundey Regular Member

I will be importing a good range of Oliver rackets myself once my shop is online and im UK based. But if your in a rush, try www.mybadmintonstore.com, they ship within a week usually.

6. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

So does anyone have any reviews on the Oliver Centric series? I'm looking to get a Centric K7.

7. a_tabassum

a_tabassum Regular Member

work
    do you know about OLIVER K4 CENTRIC how is that ?

8. sassyboy

sassyboy Regular Member

Classroom Teacher
  9. SheepJumpFish

SheepJumpFish Regular Member

Student
    That's where I bought my first one from in the first place the K4 it was and was possibly the best racket I've had, but when I tried to order them having forgot the password emailed and had no response then tried to ring them up on a saturday about 3 weeks before christmas and no one picked up so presumably they're out of business

10. sassyboy

sassyboy Regular Member

Classroom Teacher
    I have just bought things from Sportdiscount.com. No problem at all, they wrote to me to notify an item being out of stock, so all in all they are still in business. If you ever need to contact them again, here are their Tel: (0)870 420 7961 and email: sales@sportdiscount.com

11. MalRo

MalRo Regular Member

Student
    I have been through two Oliver Centric rackets, first got it about 7 years ago and last had one a couple of years ago. As far as I recall my coach said it RRP at £150 and as a qualified coach he could sell me it at half price. The coach was a good one and totally trustworthy in my opinion but all the Centrics i've seen have been much lower price and don't look the same. Has it just dropped in price over the years or is it a different Centric I had does anyone know? It was 88g, charcoal & white frame with bits of gold on and IMO a pretty racket! Mid-flex & balanced. Unfortunately my father swapped it for another racket so I don't have any more precise info on it...I've never forgiven him for giving away my beloved!

12. aruddiman

aruddiman New Member