Anyone ever seen girls wear these shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by CkcJsm, Feb 11, 2009.

1. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Anyone ever seen girls wear these kind of colored shoes?
    They look like guy shoes and are so ugly, but I'm thinking about getting them(within budget $50). They are guy shoes, I believe. Dark Black and Dark Blue?
    Thinking about getting Yonex SHB-41
    [​IMG]

or if I find a really cheap place that sells Yonex SHB-71EX for $50, which I doubt. 71EX are dark blue color. But that one is ugly too.

Anyone ever seen girls wear dark blue yonex shoes or black? And how are the SHB-41's like?

#1 CkcJsm, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

hmmmm........ they do look a little more masculine. maybe you could add pink laces to them? :p

but yeah, "generally" a lot of the badminton shoes are not really gender specific and are more masculine or feminine based colors? the Olympic shoes is only one version and both males and females wear it, but looks quite like male shoes as compared to the lighter blue versions of the 100 & 99 etc.

does it have to be yonex? (quite hard to get yonex around $50) maybe can try one of these? apparently not too expensive either. 57C? the sole/grip being more advanced.

[​IMG]

3. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    wat does it matter how it looks? as long as it does the job on court for you there shouldnt be a problem....

4. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    no one looks at your feet when you play anyway....unless you're footwork isn't that great, or you're just good looking lol...

5. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

lol......... fair enough. i guess some ppl like to mix fashion in with their badminton.

........ and attracts 'off-court' attention :D

6. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Thanks!
    No, it doesn't have to be yonex. But the only brands I can find are yonex around here. I would have to try them on, since my feet are wide feet, my feet are weird. Anything durable would be nice for me. I heard victor and mizuno are good, but I can't find them here.
    And I care about how the shoes look haha, I wouldn't want to stare at ugly ones everytime I play.

Only two stores are Badminton Alley and Asby.
    Badminton Alley is too far though, Asby would be the one I will go to.
    Anyone know if Asby sells feminine or other shoes besides Yonex? And any other opinions on how the Yonex SHB41 looks like, any girls wearing them?

BTW: I really love the Blue 49c!

#6 CkcJsm, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  7. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    its fine for a girl to wear "guy" shoes and ive also seen it vice versa just cause of different foot sizes and all that stuff and maby the girl likes the "guy" color better etc and some guys have had the "female" version of the shoes but its all about what fits and is comfortable on your feet. i know a few people who have the 41's and they say that they are an alright shoe, sorry that i cant eleborate much more on that.

8. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

9. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

Apologies - I had to click on this thread to see what the OP was asking "Anyone ever seen girls wear.." :p

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Me 2 and me 3!

Anyway, for CkcJsm, I assume the budget is an issue for you. If not, try SHB100 MX or SHB101 MX. They are wider than the LX version. I still think the best looking girl shoes are the SHB91L or SHT206L