Time to replace the fake racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by silvrdragona, Feb 15, 2009.

1. silvrdragona

silvrdragona New Member

Up until last week, I was using a yonex carbonex 20. The handle split and my racket flew across the gym. I brought it into 'Racketshop' in mongkok HK and the guy instantly said it was a fake and wasn't worth repairing. :crying:

Time to look for a new racket...

If you want a racquet:
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    Currently, I am playing about twice a week. I consider myself to be an intermediate player, I know what I'm doing but I can definately benefit from more practice.

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    I consider myself to be an aggressive smasher, but at the same time I enjoy the soft touches at the net. After looking around the forums, I think I am leaning towards a slightly head heavy racket to help with the smashes and clearing. My last racket gave me a lot of trouble when I tried to clear during a singles match.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    Durability...I rather not have the racket flying away again =) I definately plan on keeping it for years.

4. How much money do you want to spend?
    I want to spend around $50-$70 USD. (400-550 HKD). I might consider spending a bit more if there are no reasonable options in this range...Is it worth it to spend more?

My friend recommended I get at MP99 for my style of play. I looked at prices and they are about 880-980HKD depending on 2U or 3U (Why is there a difference in price?) from http://www.e78.com.hk/ I like the reviews on MP99 but I feel like I would be extra just for the brandname. I'm willing to look into non-yonex brands.

Is there a racket that offers the 'same' features in my price range?

I would prefer to buy from a local shop in Hong Kong. It seems like most online prices are slightly inflated.

Pics. After the guy told me it was fake, I didn't believe him. But then, I saw that structure was spelled siructure...confirmed :rolleyes:!

Attached Files: