Slazenger PowerBlade Ultra - review?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mrsamo, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mrsamo

mrsamo Regular Member

Hi folks, first time poster here and am just getting started in the game so please be merciful.

I'd like to know if anyone has experiences with Slazenger badminton rackets, especially the one that I mentioned (PowerBlade Ultra). They costed me £50 which seems quite dear to me but I was told to spend as much as I can afford on a good racket. I rate myself as a go-getter and athletic as I used to play basketball, I'd like to try those jumping smashes :p

Anyway, I think I'm serious about playing as I bought the racket and shuttlecocks but haven't yet found a place or group to play where I am (London). If you know of any I'd like to know.

Thanks!

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Welcome to BC :)
    Never even heard of a "PowerBlade Ultra" to be honest. I did try a friends Slanzenger racket a long while back though, and it was actually pretty good.

You probably could have done better for £50, but since you've bought it now, I'm sure it'll be fine. It doesn't sound like it's going to be an overly stiff high-end model, or a cheap piece of junk, and anything in between should be quite suitable for you.

For local clubs, only thing I can suggest is have a look in the "Places to Play" forum, and also the Badminton England website.

3. mrsamo

mrsamo Regular Member

Thanks mate, that's the retail price ;-)

I gather its a good racket because it was quite light and didn't have welding marks around the frame like some of the cheaper ones had. But like you said it is hard to find a review on this particular model.

4. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    I searched for this racket and din't get any results except cricket. Would the racket happen to be a Carlton (i'm not trying to make you sound stupid) hmmm where did you buy it

5. mrsamo

mrsamo Regular Member

I got it from a Sports direct shop if that helps! I just read the reading on the racket itself, its what it says, Slazenger Powerblade Ultra.

6. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    hmm My friend bought a Head racket from there aswel. A search on google also found nothing

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I'd imagine it is a Carlton badged as a Slazenger. Carlton uses the Powerblade name. Carlton aren't such a bad brand anyway, I'd say it'll be a fine as a first racket.

8. mrsamo

mrsamo Regular Member

9. asian_manish

asian_manish Regular Member

Student
    slazenger Power Blade Ultra is a AWESOMEEEE RACKET!!!!!!!
    i got it for £20 and it ULTRA LIGHT a yonex racket about the same weight cos £100 teh heavier ones were £20 but slazenger Power blade ultra is ULTRA LIGHT!!!!!
    it feels proper smooth and the grip is so nice. ITs NON slippery and hold together really well.
    The racket is also very very durable it dosent break easily or anything.
    The only bad thing about them are the strings. But i got myself some decent strings and used them instead of slazenger ones and the racket is MINT it is a really good balance of power and accuracy. it is rly light and if it was a yonex if wud probably cost £50 more but no Slazenger Power Blade Ultra is a real bargain. I reckon Slazenger is gooign to be in the badminton world soon.
    But no this Racket is rly good