grip thickness - head heaviness

Discussion in 'Grip' started by painkilla86, Feb 16, 2009.

1. painkilla86

painkilla86 Regular Member

student
    sry for my bad english,

i have a at700 which felt very head heavy at first. Then i put an karakal pu over the original grip which made it much thicker. Now besides having problems switching to backhand fast the head heavyness is almost gone.

Is it just a feeling or does it really affects power? because the grip only weights several grams. the head is physicly as heavy as it always whas but it doesnt feel so.

2. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

almost entirely, yes

3. painkilla86

painkilla86 Regular Member

student
    so when i strip all grips and put on a small one. The head wil feel waay more heavy but im not generating more power because of that?

but
    becaase with a small grip the weight of the racket pushes on your hand on a smaller area which feel more heavy. so with less action i still got more racket speed because of more power per square inch im delivering to the rackee?

#3 painkilla86, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

you should put on as many layers of grip as you require until your comfortable holding your racquet.
    head heaviness can be manipulated, a lot of pro players (and some not so pro forumers) have modified their racquets to be more head heavy by sticking on lead tape to the frames of their racquets.
    perhaps that's an option for you.