User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type of shuttlecock for practice?

Voters
1352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plastic

476 35.21%
  • Feather

876 64.79%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used both feather and plastic (plastic mainly in dry Calgary Canada, and feather recently in Hong Kong where it is humid and cheap) plastic is what i used for a long time, and i have used feather quite a bit while visiting HK, and feather feels so much better with a lot more life. But i will have to settle with plastics again since it is the standard in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plastic is such a different game.
    Of course in Highschool, it was always about plastic as it was pretty much the only shuttles we could afford. But I remember having my first experience in hitting with feather, it was totally different however if you feel that having control, balance, and crisp shots are important to you, feather is definitely the way to go.

I would choose cheap feather over plastics any day now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In India, we have Aerosensa 2, which has a superb flight and comes to about 1.4 USD or 100 INR. It doesnt last very long if not TLCed during play.

One thing I have noticed is that with better players, the shuttles tend to last longer than outright amateurs.

Lastly, I train my kids, age 3 & 5 with Nylons mostly...recommend the Yonex 350 for this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend Victor Gold for training. It is real good quality and value. the price also about $15. it is no problem for play one to two game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSl No.4 , Lining Champ,strike , A+62D, A+60D

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chienming View Post
    I would recommend Victor Gold for training. It is real good quality and value. the price also about $15. it is no problem for play one to two game.
    I mainly use plastic because I'm not a part of a club at the moment - just doing drop in sessions.

God almighty do I have to whack the **** out the medium speed Mavis 300s to get them to travel a good distance. I think my strings are too tight for me to play plastic effectively at the moment, my shots aren't as good as they should be. I've just ordered a tube of Victor Gold and fast speed Mavis 300s for playing in future.

Out of curiosity, do feathers have a slower or faster rate of descent than plastic?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See if possible make a group and use feather ( cheaper Rsl ones ) . Won't be much costly if you steam them and use with little care . Plastic doesn't slow as good as feather and will do damage to both your racket and arm .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sh_shashi1 View Post
    See if possible make a group and use feather ( cheaper Rsl ones ) . Won't be much costly if you steam them and use with little care . Plastic doesn't slow as good as feather and will do damage to both your racket and arm .
    I just purchased some Victor Golds (and they don't look great to be honest, despite sterling reviews, they don't appear to be amazing quality).

So what I'm getting is, feathers have a higher initial travel speed, but lose that travel speed faster?

Well, I bought some Mavis 300 Fasts too. So tonight should be fun.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feathers somehow are easier to hit with finger power, whereas plastic require more shoulder input.

If you still have to play plastic, then give Mavis 2000 a try... plays closest to feather out of all plastics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-SWUK View Post
    I just purchased some Victor Golds (and they don't look great to be honest, despite sterling reviews, they don't appear to be amazing quality).

So what I'm getting is, feathers have a higher initial travel speed, but lose that travel speed faster?

Well, I bought some Mavis 300 Fasts too. So tonight should be fun.
    Which are they Victor Gold Champion or Victor Gold No.1 ??? . Looks can be deceiving as RSL are pretty much most prettiest shuttles out there . Even the cheapest ones . While yonex does not look as much pretty shape wise .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sh_shashi1 View Post
    Which are they Victor Gold Champion or Victor Gold No.1 ??? . Looks can be deceiving as RSL are pretty much most prettiest shuttles out there . Even the cheapest ones . While yonex does not look as much pretty shape wise .
    Victor Gold Champion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
    In India, we have Aerosensa 2, which has a superb flight and comes to about 1.4 USD or 100 INR. It doesnt last very long if not TLCed during play.

One thing I have noticed is that with better players, the shuttles tend to last longer than outright amateurs.

Lastly, I train my kids, age 3 & 5 with Nylons mostly...recommend the Yonex 350 for this.
    Don't use AS 2 . They are out right crap compared to RSL No. 3 and 4 and Aerosensa 10 available in the same price range a snapdeal.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    Are shuttles really cheaper in Asia? In PPP of course!?
    No they are not . I see people from USA/Canada/Europe crying over feather being costly and all . In India which is also a badminton power house , a single shuttle's money can feed a whole family for 3-4 days . Imagine how small kids whose monthly pocket money is less than the cost of single shuttle can afford . We still some how play using wasted shuttle most BCers wont even touch.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20