User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Stringing my Wilson [K]ontrol Factor KTour

When I first recieved my KTour, it was manufacture strung, but now, after I put new grip on (yonex wave) and played with it for a while i noticed that my strings stopped making the sharp, crisp sound it used to, following a decrease in power. I have decided it needs to get restrung, but i dont know because I heard that many players experienced vibrations with this raquet, so can you please tell me how tight or loose you have your racquet strung and how the stringing works for you (oh, and if you can add in what string you used, that woould be awesome.)

-Shuttler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, this belongs in the string forum really but don't worry, you're new here.

How would you describe the headspeed you get with the racket? If you can swing fast, you should probably be looking towards 25Lbs+. If you don't get much headspeed, go for lower tensions. However, this is only a general rule and you may find otherwise. The best advice is just to experiment.

Yonex BG-65 is the benchmark string to which all others are compared. BG-66 will provide plenty of "pop" and great feel. BG-80 is generally a good compromise between power, control, feel and durability. The Nanogy series are very powerful but can feel a little numb. Please look in the string forum and "Dinkalot's string review" for a more comprehensive comparison of strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you liked the original tension, that was probably around 21-23lbs. You can try Yonex BG80 at 22lbs and you will experience a similar feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Hi, this belongs in the string forum really but don't worry, you're new here.

How would you describe the headspeed you get with the racket? If you can swing fast, you should probably be looking towards 25Lbs+. If you don't get much headspeed, go for lower tensions. However, this is only a general rule and you may find otherwise. The best advice is just to experiment.

Yonex BG-65 is the benchmark string to which all others are compared. BG-66 will provide plenty of "pop" and great feel. BG-80 is generally a good compromise between power, control, feel and durability. The Nanogy series are very powerful but can feel a little numb. Please look in the string forum and "Dinkalot's string review" for a more comprehensive comparison of strings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    If you liked the original tension, that was probably around 21-23lbs. You can try Yonex BG80 at 22lbs and you will experience a similar feeling.
    Thanks to both of you. silly me, of course it should have been in the stringing section!