Suspension or Hold-down mounting for badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by maa2003, Feb 16, 2009.

1. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

actually which one is good for badminton ? suspension mounting or hold-down/press-down mounting ?

Eagnas offers Challenger-2 with Smart-990H mounting system (hold-down/press-down) for ex-work price of US$175 only

Challenger-2 : http://www.eagnas.com/lilylee/chaln2.html
    Smart-990H : http://www.eagnas.com/lilylee/sm990h.html

Also upright machine normally comes with brake system, is it necessary for stringing activity?
    I have Eagnas Combo-912 with disc-brake, but almost never use the brake system.
    Please advise ....

thanks

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    For a six-point suspension machine, the quality of the machine makes a huge difference.

Your above suspension machine is fine up to 31 lbs. Anything above that requires more adjustment.

3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

thanks Pete,

-actually I would like to have opinion from expert here for the suspension system and hold-down system especially at the 12 and 6 o'clock position.

- also how often you use the brake system ? I almost never used the brake when string badminton racquets or tennis racquets. what is the actual function or when you guys use the brake ?

thanks ...

4. icewater888

icewater888 Regular Member

I'm no expert. But I would think the hold-down system will have less twisting force on the racket compared with the suspension system. And there should be less chance of any vertical slippage/movement.