User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allanQ View Post
    badhen oso playing here liau ah ??
    can come see see or not tomoro ?? i not playing laa .. come see see 1st can ??
    No.I never been there.Just wanna to try out one day.

Quote Originally Posted by assraf View Post
    badhen cant make it this thursday.....maybe he will try to come by next week.... sure can bro.....come n see 1st......if u want to join, u can join.....just bring ur equipment lol....afraid u "cannot tahan" when see we all play....
    Yup,maybe next week,this club is my old friend,sure have to support-support.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Ahhen not playing here , he is having secret tranning here. You come ahhh?? You can play with both hand .. sure all kenna kau kau by you la

Anyway be carefull if you to play here. the floor is very slipperly. I kenna pok..kai.. here few times.
    Don't joking la~!!Mana ada I in Secret Training.Only a lot of task make me busy these few day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BADHEN View Post
    Don't joking la~!!Mana ada I in Secret Training.Only a lot of task make me busy these few day.
    Ahhen, don't keep yourself too busy ohh. Must have time for work and also time for play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hard to find free time for weekdays.is it possible to hav a weekend session if there is enuff request for it?thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B.U.M.P for tuesday evening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyf View Post
    hard to find free time for weekdays.is it possible to hav a weekend session if there is enuff request for it?thx
    Definately. Once we have more members and if there is any request for weekend session, we can have one or even 2 for Saturday or Sunday.
    We need more member, so please join us now.
    So far our members' standard range from student to ex-national backup player ( 1981 ) cum coach . Come to experience the explosive smashing from these players, good workout though !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi MEMBERS,
    I have arranged a friendly match session with the Japanese team that going to visit here in 2 weeks time, So get serious now
    For those who are still ding dong, come on fellows, join the club now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edward_my View Post
    Hi MEMBERS,
    I have arranged a friendly match session with the Japanese team that going to visit here in 2 weeks time, So get serious now
    For those who are still ding dong, come on fellows, join the club now.
    tat's cool
    i will definately join the club n come if the friendly match is on weekends
    do update d details ya.thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am new to the thread and i had seen and know that this club is associating with national players.. why dont yyou all organize a meetup session with those rather than talking so much on this forum? it doesnt work this way.. ppl might feel that u are not sincere and its misleading information doesnt help... u mention that ur floor arebeing cleaned but i still see that it has bad lighting and also the court is slippery... how can one commit? bad location, bad place to play.. want fast money... i am not here to make u bad.. but be sincere and consider... i feel i will feel better if u bring in those national player and show substance to it... as for those national trainee of chin chuan jue or whatsoever, why dont u make them play for ur team or join ur club? becoz for one thing, promoting club at a forum, makes u NO CLASS AT ALL!! it stands no where....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only played a couple of times with Edward at the Kwong Hon school, and find that the comments by badstrike are at times confusing.

I don't find that 'this club is associating with national players'. I don't know your definition of 'associating', but all I know is that WCH is a business associate of Edward. He has never said/promised that we'll be playing with national players, not on this forum, nor in person.

I find the lighting adequate, but maybe you're accustomed to brighter lights. Yes, the floor can at times be slippery, but that's why we pitch in to help mop it. Instead of just complaining. Yes, the color scheme of the walls could be better, but everyone's playing under the same conditions.

Bad location? Yes, if you're staying in Damansara or PJ. Great location if you're staying around Cheras, Sri Petaling, Sg. Besi. Bad place? Perhaps you can eloborate, instead of generalising. Traffic jams? Sometimes. Which also applies to every part of KL, right?

'Want fast money'. That's really insulting. You're asked to pay RM 50/- per year, which works out to RM 4.16 per month. Given averagely 8 sessions a month, that's RM 0.52 per session. For 4 courts. Do you really think they're in this for the money?

You seem to stress a lot on 'bringing in national players'. Perhaps Edward's choice of words could be improved. When he mentions bringing in the 'Japanese team', he does not mean the Japan national team. It's I think a club team, that's here in Malaysia to attend some coaching sessions held by Edward's company. I don't believe any misrepresentation was intentional. And really, did you believe any national team would be playing in a school hall?

As for making trainees to join the club, I think you need to understand what the club was set up for. See Edward's reply in #21. It's not a club to train youngsters for tournaments or stuff like that, like Nusa Mahsuri or KLRC. It's more like a recreational club, where people who enjoy playing badminton can just get together and play. Nothing more.

Lastly, I don't see a problem with promoting a club at a forum. It isn't really a club per se, like registered with the ROC, has a board of trustees etc. Edward could have just called the thread 'Kwong Hon school badminton sessions', and the responses would still have been the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro badstrike, as Edward have previously mentioned, the national player is not involve physically in the badminton session. You wont be playing with WCH and also, promoting club in forum doesn't really look that bad to me. At least people will have another alternative to have a badminton session, another choice to choose from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=yeohray;1102796]I've only played a couple of times with Edward at the Kwong Hon school, and find that the comments by badstrike are at times confusing.

I nv play with Edward at Kwong Hon School but I know him so much.

I don't find that 'this club is associating with national players'. I don't know your definition of 'associating', but all I know is that WCH is a business associate of Edward. He has never said/promised that we'll be playing with national players, not on this forum, nor in person.
    Agree-He is international player.Sure we all like to play with him,but if anyone wishing like that,how could he have times to accompany with his parent?Have to be tolerance.

I find the lighting adequate, but maybe you're accustomed to brighter lights. Yes, the floor can at times be slippery, but that's why we pitch in to help mop it. Instead of just complaining. Yes, the color scheme of the walls could be better, but everyone's playing under the same conditions.
    Agree-We all like to play badminton,that why we join together and work together.

Bad location? Yes, if you're staying in Damansara or PJ. Great location if you're staying around Cheras, Sri Petaling, Sg. Besi. Bad place? Perhaps you can eloborate, instead of generalising. Traffic jams? Sometimes. Which also applies to every part of KL, right?
    Agree-Depend on personal.If I find somewhere have good session,I won't care how far to drive for it.

'Want fast money'. That's really insulting. You're asked to pay RM 50/- per year, which works out to RM 4.16 per month. Given averagely 8 sessions a month, that's RM 0.52 per session. For 4 courts. Do you really think they're in this for the money?
    Agree-I'm not working as accountant but this simple counting so clearly.

You seem to stress a lot on 'bringing in national players'. Perhaps Edward's choice of words could be improved. When he mentions bringing in the 'Japanese team', he does not mean the Japan national team. It's I think a club team, that's here in Malaysia to attend some coaching sessions held by Edward's company. I don't believe any misrepresentation was intentional. And really, did you believe any national team would be playing in a school hall?
    Agree-Seldom.But we could not say 100% national team not playing in school hall.

As for making trainees to join the club, I think you need to understand what the club was set up for. See Edward's reply in #21. It's not a club to train youngsters for tournaments or stuff like that, like Nusa Mahsuri or KLRC. It's more like a recreational club, where people who enjoy playing badminton can just get together and play. Nothing more.
    Agree-It a club for us to meet each other and getting closer by playing badminton.

Lastly, I don't see a problem with promoting a club at a forum. It isn't really a club per se, like registered with the ROC, has a board of trustees etc. Edward could have just called the thread 'Kwong Hon school badminton sessions', and the responses would still have been the same.
    100% agree-Badminton Central Forum Is For Who LOVE Badminton.

BADHEN
    Last edited by BADHEN; 03-05-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i nvr been to the club but what i can say is that it is nothing wrog advertising in a forum
    if not 4 this post , i dono there's this club.bout thr sliperry floor,maybe can do sth to improve it.
    btw im planning to join the club n friendly match. any1 going 4 d charity match by lee wan wah/tan fook n ccm/cce in sri petaling 21 march? i wanna go. do u all hav any info bout that?need to pay to watch d match?thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

becoz for one thing, promoting club at a forum, makes u NO CLASS AT ALL!! it stands no where....
    He was promoting a place where interested badminton kakis could gather and play. He isn't forcing anyone, is he?

Have you spoken to him, face-to-face (since you seem to be already playing there), to voice your concerns/disappointment/unhappiness, or to get some clarification from him? At the very least, you have his mobile number since it's been posted on this forum. If you have not spoken to him personally, and have instead just chosen to use this forum to voice your grievances, that is, in your own words, NO CLASS AT ALL!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright now guys, this is a forum for us to go after places to play, not a war zone, so please check your words and avoid all furious message. Let's all be as it is and ignore any false accuse statement. After all, we are all here to make friends, not enemy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Criticism is OK.
    Abuse is not.

Please note

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys... haven't got time lately to login to this forum because busy preparing for the tournament ( FYI, Pioneer Sports is one of the organiser and event manager for this coming tournament in Seri Petaling) plus busy coordinating with Japanese group, planning their schedule here in Malaysia.
    I was quite surprised when I read the comment from badstrike and found ( so far ) 1 so unhappy member critising so much about the " Club ". At first I really feel bad about it but later when I read on and see so much support probably from members or non-members, I really feel worth it !!
    Maybe I never tell you all why I started this group.
    1. From my past experience, from running the hall for 2 years ( only !! ), I noticed many gang just quit after a while when the gang get lesser and lesser people playing. After spoken to some of their members, they always told me that they will love to play on but then no kakis. I feel really sad as some people might just stop playing badminton from then onward. I know how it feels when someone love the game so much but cannot find a group to attach to.
    2. I understand some of you guys are working hard to keep a team going, but sometime I find that some may overlook those with a lower skill level. I also can understand why better player don't want to play with lower skill level player, but I just pitty them as I can understand that they have tried thier best and they are trying to play better. Just no one give them any chance !!
    3. As this may offend some of you, because I find why some gangs can stay on for so long is because they play money $$. The group I started with SPRA also ended up playing $$, so many people left. I personally do not like to play money as I feel that that is not the good excuse to say " more fun " " more excite " " can play better ", etc.. Because I believe many of them soon or later will end ups quarrelling over points or whether that shuttlecock landed in or out, or blaming the partners play lousy, etc.. So it defeated the purpose of exercising, well..at least for me. I prefer to enjoy the game, the " process " of the game, the company of the members, the chance to sweat out !!
    4. As now that I am in this business whereby I can within my power, I want to make the game more than just 1 or 2 nights sessions playing with the same gang and the same gang only ( most of the time ). I want to introduce league play for clubs later. I want to use Pioneer Sports to form as many clubs as possible, then among the clubs and other clubs beside the one Pioneer has help to develope, we organise a badminton league that can play all year long. Pioneer will do the coordination and find sponsor say for the plaque or trophy whereby every year we play to keep. Eh... I think I leak out too much info to .....
    5. Another main reason is I find that many youngster got no where to attach to, I am talking about those who really loves the sport. I visited many countries and to my surprise, I seen the standard of the youngster from many countries are much better than ours because
    a. they are more serious ( because sports is a must for them to get into good secondary schools or Universities )
    b. they play more ( 2-4 times a week ) beside training ( at least once a week )
    Where they play ? yes, they are playing with the club members. Because of the club, they have the chance to play with many level of players, they get a chance to fine tune their skill, try out what they learnt during the training, learn from other players by watching, etc..

I know all these are not easy, as they don't happen the next day. Many people ( overseas ) have put in their effort to promote the game, the concept, the idea, so I am just a small fish here trying to bring together all these and hopefully one day this can happen here in Malaysia.

Honestly speaking, I thought of all these 1 year ago but I do not have the courage to take the first step because of the commitment involve. One of the very simple breakthru I need is to get more people to participate; I say simple but I am trying hard to do so now. One of the problem is " COMMITMENT ", now that I am willing to commit but I got to wait for many more to commit. The same to my partners !!!! My partners and I ...maybe we are at different level, so they might think differently and they also have their commitment. So I do not rely much on their support except ( within my own control ) having to vacate the whole hall for the club members to play. I cannot get them to come, not even some of my ex-national backup coaches, because they don't see what I see, so I ought to prove to many that this can work. Of course, occasionally I can still ask

Anyway, what I see is now that I have so many supporters ( from this badstrike case ) and members, I will put my head down to continue to work toward my goal. Thats my promise!

Sorry a bit long winded, english not so good loh ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyf View Post
    i nvr been to the club but what i can say is that it is nothing wrog advertising in a forum
    if not 4 this post , i dono there's this club.bout thr sliperry floor,maybe can do sth to improve it.
    btw im planning to join the club n friendly match. any1 going 4 d charity match by lee wan wah/tan fook n ccm/cce in sri petaling 21 march? i wanna go. do u all hav any info bout that?need to pay to watch d match?thx
    FYI, the charity session start from 3pm til 5pm on Saturday 21st March 2009. So people includes national players will start to come around 2:30pm, so come to get a good spot to watch them play, take photograph or autograph after the charity matches. I believe they are more than happy to do so.
    During Prize giving ceremony on Sunday, some of them might be around but I am not too sure because they have not confirm their flight to India. So if they decided to go by Monday night, then for sure Chew Choon Eng will come, as he is also resident of Seri Petaling. Unfortunately this year we don't get to see Wong Choong Hann because he has extended his stay in Europe for extra matches and so on, he will only be back on 24th March.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast