NS9k durability

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by shot3gun, Feb 18, 2009.

1. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

I have heard that many people in this forum have broke their NS9ks.... What strings did you string it with and with what tension? I want to get a NS9k, but I'm afraid of the durability problem...(and no i'm not an advanced player, so my strings will be around 24lbs)

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Why not just stick to your ARC10? That's already pretty much the perfect all-rounder racquet,

3. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

arc10 for me, is very hard to use....

4. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    I don't think the durability issue is caused by the type of string and tension used.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I had mine for a while and there's no problem with it. It's probably cus it's JP.

6. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

More like being 2U and JP offers better insurance against breakage:cool:

3U and TH is a recipe for dissapointment:D

7. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

You must be made of money, if you already have and Arcsaber 10 and now going for a Nanospeed 9000. Not to be rude or anything, but why get better rackets when you're not that skilled yet? The racket won't make the player unless the player knows what they're doing. But honestly, if the Arc is giving you problems and it's one of the best balanced rackets out there (balanced in everyway) how would the NS9K help you? I think you should stick with an all around racket and then decide whether you want control or power and then maybe go for NS9K. But yeah, I don't know your story, but I will say that no racket will be the perfect one right off the bat, it'll take time to get used to. For those who did find the "perfect" racket, it was because they were already used to a similar one beforehand.

But hey, your money so why not just wait for the Nanospeed 9900 haha.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Blame the player, not the racket! :D

9. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Not a nice post at all. Dont assume people are not skilled because they want to change rackets. You make a lot of judgment calls here like the user is not skilled, the ns9k is not well balanced and arc10 is perfectly balanced, when in reality its all relative.

This are both very different rackets. Arc series are more head heavy much like AT series, and Nanospeed series are usually headlight. Personally I do think the ns9k seems less durable than other similar rackets. Overall, i dont really feel yonex rackets are durable.

10. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

normally, i would agree.
    but, under the circumstances...

The arcsaber takes a lot of time to adapt to. swining it around for a day will not do justice. for some, it may take even longer than a week of playing time.
    wait it out. you wont really see many gains with the nanospeed 9000.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I guess that would depend. It didn't take me long to get used to Arc Saber 7. First hour when I used it, I didn't like it because it didn't seem to perform correct, but within the second hour the racket gradually came to me - I believe this is due to the racket breaking in.

I would say for my Arc10, for me took a bit longer getting use to compared the 7.

12. illusionistpro

Your link takes me to my control panel :confused:

13. liint

liint Regular Member

How do you know? Unless the same player tries and compares the two rackets for himself, statements like "you wont really see many gains with the nanospeed 9000" are just opinion and conjecture. I tried out a good number of rackets last year when I got back into playing. What I thought I would like (AT900P) turned out to be the worst racket for me. The NS9K was a much better fit. I also tried the Arc10, played with it for months. The NS9K was still better for my style of play.

I know of around 6-8 people who use them, including myself, and have not had any issues. Tensions anywhere from 20-26lbs

14. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    The link takes me to your profile page thing.

15. illusionistpro

Yes, thats what I said, but I guess what does he mean by circumstances?
    Additionally, its likely any one will see gains changing rackets, but what are those gains? If some one switches from AT series to NS series, they will probably see defensive gains since they are offensive rackets and vice versa. Your mileage may vary and its relative to the individual user.

16. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i meant to link to shotguns profile.:(

anyway, i agree with Athlete. He should stick to the ARC10 and really try to use it. Piecing together what i have read, he got it on February 6th or so. Unless he spent 5-10 days to adapt since he received it, its really hard to say he cant use it.
    Plus, he says the used the CAB 8600 before. it would be better if he looked lower in the racket spectrum.

17. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It's best to just try stuff out...keep trying with your ARC10, if that doesn't work, lower the string tension, if that doesnt' work, then you should start looking for a new racquet.

18. illusionistpro

@Shotgun if you really want to try new rackets why not try out a demo or borrow a friends racket. I have 7 rackets and several are duplicates for when I break strings, so for friends and people trying out new rackets, I dont mind lending them out for a few sessions. Just be prepared to buy new strings for them in case you break them, or just as a courtesy.