User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find! Ok i put together a picture tutorial. Im actually making a training tool with a weight attached to the end vs the racket head so the tutorial will be slightly off from what you will be doing, however there is still the shaft thats been removed from the handle and its being reinserted back in. Im too lazy to compile and type it right now, but i'll have it posted later this week. Stay tuned!
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=21123

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    If your shop wont take it back, dont worry you can still glue it and itll be pretty close to normal. It will cost you under $10 usd in supplies. This isnt necessarily a defect. It happens to some rackets depending on use. If you ever shake your racket and hear squeaking from the cone area, its because your shaft is coming loose.

1) Take some sand paper, roll it up, and shove it down the hole, twist and sand as best you can, some medium 400 grit paper will be good. Also sand down the shaft that was inside the handle. What you want to do, is clean and prepare the surfaces you are about to glue. Ideally you want graphite only on the shaft end, and wood only on the handle. Additionally if you can get that nose cone loose this would help you keep the next part clean and tidy.

2) Dont insert yet! Measure! I reccomend measuring the over all length you want your racket. You get the ability to adjust it at this point. Check online for what the total length of your racket should be. Even among the same racket, you will have different lengths. You can also eye ball how far deep you think you need to reinsert the shaft but its not so accurate.

3) Get some epoxy. I dont mean super glue or white glue, i mean 2 part epoxy. Mix up about a table spoon, you want to put some down the handle, and some on the shaft.

4) Put 'em together. As I said earlier if you have the nose cone off, slide it up the shaft towards the head/face. Put some epoxy down in the hole, and some on the shaft. I reccomend inserting at this point, but pulling it back out to check coverage. Add more epoxy as needed and then make your final insertion. Twisting helps even out coverage.

5) Add some epoxy on the cone part of the handle and put the nose cone back in place. Make sure everything is straight and let it dry over night. Should be good as new in 24 hrs. I did this before with a cheaper racket, but it was still graphite/wood so there shouldnt be any difference. If I recall correctly, i extended that racket length a few mm.
    Nice job. Very detailed description.

I remembered that was talking to this local player, and he fixed his racket with the similar way. Only difference is he was using Gorilla glue (assume also belongs to epoxy family). He also mentioned something like #4, about "twisiting" or "inserting", to let glue further evenly spread within the handle. Not sure how long the racket longed him after the repair, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the handle is already split like in Kwun's post, I would suggest replacing it with an intact handle from another broken racquet. Epoxy is strong, given enough surface area, but the cone tip is small and that part of the handle takes a lot of stress from each stroke. After awhile, it might split again and give you the clicking noise. Your don't have to worry about the shaft falling out again, but for some people, like me, the clicking noise will drive you insane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2