User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i think haven't all the top chinese MS in one side othe ladder is boring. I like to see lcw, pg and TH to face CH, BCL and/or LD at least in the QF and SF. Jamming them all in all side only to spur rumors of game fixing.
    maybe this is just the way of preventing an all China final or preventing China sending 3 MS at WC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA....anup sridhar is junior from india???applause....
    Its not funny.....Limsy.......I mean Anand Pawar and A bhat......they are young coming playing ...right...........Arif, TCS and LDR...lost to them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think haven't all the top chinese MS in one side othe ladder is boring. I like to see lcw, pg and TH to face CH, BCL and/or LD at least in the QF and SF. Jamming them all in all side only to spur rumors of game fixing.
    You are already insinuating fixing by using words like "jamming them all in one side".

Tweaking the table purposedly to look more interesting for spectators, now that's fixing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    You are already insinuating fixing by using words like "jamming them all in one side".

Tweaking the table purposedly to look more interesting for spectators, now that's fixing.
    there is no perfect solution. Seeding of draw is by ranking so i say ranking is some what flawed. BWF should revamp the ranking point formula. For ex. why not retain all earning point for every player for seeding purpose. Why the need to expire earning points after 12 months? It is not fixing if bwf change the ranking and seeding rules. Popularity of a sports is only as good as it is enjoyed by the fans.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logical choice is LD to win this derby match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Trade MY stocks for your house!
    BTW how much is your house worth today?
    How big, built-in and land area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no perfect solution. Seeding of draw is by ranking so i say ranking is some what flawed. BWF should revamp the ranking point formula. For ex. why not retain all earning point for every player for seeding purpose. Why the need to expire earning points after 12 months? It is not fixing if bwf change the ranking and seeding rules. Popularity of a sports is only as good as it is enjoyed by the fans.
    Like you said, there is no perfect solution.

To expire earning points after 12 months (or some other fixed period) is EXTREMELY important. If you don't expire it, the older players will have a marked advantage. I could garner tonnes of points 5 years ago and none since, and still be WR #1.

The seeding rules can't be changed much, because ultimately, it's best to follow the rankings. So, we need to improve the rankings.

However, the current way of ranking is already quite solid and is commonly used by many other sports. The only thing I can think of to tweak the system is to give more weightage to the Olympics and WC (i.e. more ranking points).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like you said, there is no perfect solution.

To expire earning points after 12 months (or some other fixed period) is EXTREMELY important. If you don't expire it, the older players will have a marked advantage. I could garner tonnes of points 5 years ago and none since, and still be WR #1.

The seeding rules can't be changed much, because ultimately, it's best to follow the rankings. So, we need to improve the rankings.

However, the current way of ranking is already quite solid and is commonly used by many other sports. The only thing I can think of to tweak the system is to give more weightage to the Olympics and WC (i.e. more ranking points).
    i only gave a highlight, i didn't mean that all past points should be retained. I prefer a gradual or prorated weighting, not stone cold cut of point that were 12 months plus 1 day old. For ex., pending refinement, i like to keep points for 5 years for each players, with 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 proration factor applied to each of the 5 years. Since we all know TH fans like to talk about his past, it would benefit TH as well, and he might not be stuck at such low ranking when many fans agreed that he is still a formidable player. This isn't hard to track, with computer of today, it is no more extra work than what we have now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets just wait calmly with our popcorn and coke or coffee ready to see whats going to happen in this match later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD doesn't concern about world ranking position anymore. He has the sponsorship, he has the titles, he doesnt need to prove himself anymore. Juggling the musical chair positions are for others to play.
    Bjorndalen also has won all titles even more than LD. So? He is still at the top and still battles for wins like crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will this match..........be the most talk about...or...the most entertaining..or.....the most boring one.................yb...l.......decides..!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only gave a highlight, i didn't mean that all past points should be retained. I prefer a gradual or prorated weighting, not stone cold cut of point that were 12 months plus 1 day old. For ex., pending refinement, i like to keep points for 5 years for each players, with 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 proration factor applied to each of the 5 years. Since we all know TH fans like to talk about his past, it would benefit TH as well, and he might not be stuck at such low ranking when many fans agreed that he is still a formidable player. This isn't hard to track, with computer of today, it is no more extra work than what we have now.
    The diminishing points feature is something that can be considered. The plus is that it takes tournaments beyond 12 months into account, which arguably can be considered a measure of a player's strength. The minus is that it takes 5 years for a new player to maximise his points.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red_dragon View Post
    LD gonna win. he gotta get back his no. 1 ranking
    erm....to get back wr 1....he need to win ae,so,india open,abc,sudirman cup,po,io,sgo,to and a wc ...atleast........

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Its not funny.....Limsy.......I mean Anand Pawar and A bhat......they are young coming playing ...right...........Arif, TCS and LDR...lost to them....
    u sure they are junior????...how old are they????....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    erm....to get back wr 1....he need to win ae,so,india open,abc,sudirman cup,po,io,sgo,to and a wc ...atleast........

u sure they are junior????...how old are they????....
    If we are talking about Pawar and Bhat, they are not juniors anymore.

Spoke with them on the Belgian International last year

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elmos View Post
    If we are talking about Pawar and Bhat, they are not juniors anymore.

Spoke with them on the Belgian International last year
    hehe...they are like 25/26 it is???or older????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The diminishing points feature is something that can be considered. The plus is that it takes tournaments beyond 12 months into account, which arguably can be considered a measure of a player's strength. The minus is that it takes 5 years for a new player to maximise his points.
    5 years is just one option, one can use 4 or 3 years if this method is evaluated more closely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^I'll choose..^^

..3 yrs, as that's a break point between 1 and 5 yrs.
    ..5 yrs, if that's a break point between 1 and 10 yrs.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast