User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 103 to 117 of 117
  1. #103
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmos View Post
    If we are talking about Pawar and Bhat, they are not juniors anymore.

    Spoke with them on the Belgian International last year
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hehe...they are like 25/26 it is???or older????
    Of the Indian MS at the 2009 AE, Chetan Anand is the oldest - he is 28.
    Anup Sridhar will be 26 next month.

    Arvind Bhat is no junior - he is 29.
    However, Anand Pawar is only 22.

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Of the Indian MS at the 2009 AE, Chetan Anand is the oldest - he is 28.
    Anup Sridhar will be 26 next month.

    Arvind Bhat is no junior - he is 29.
    However, Anand Pawar is only 22.
    thanks uncle oldhand...so...ap is the rising star???

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Of the Indian MS at the 2009 AE, Chetan Anand is the oldest - he is 28.
    Anup Sridhar will be 26 next month.

    Arvind Bhat is no junior - he is 29.
    However, Anand Pawar is only 22.
    am i the only one seeing an inconsistency here?

  4. #106
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hehe...they are like 25/26 it is???or older????
    but our LDR and TCS...or even CWF....all are 23/24 already...right...?....and they still so called 'juniors'............... and yet to past the qualifiying round of SS...........sigh..
    Last edited by jasonmarc; 03-05-2009 at 08:47 PM.

  5. #107
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver :=)
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sure this game got to be fixed !

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anand Pawar...a junior..22 y/o..........played in 1st round of AE.............where are our Mjs...?

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melissahu View Post
    sure this game got to be fixed !
    Sure.....LD Vs BCL...both are world top players............finished the match in straight game...............below 15 points each..............got to be fixed.....from very beginning....

    CJ and GWJ.....match also fixed................directed by YB....L

  8. #110
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver :=)
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hehehe fixed ofx but for who ? sure got to b lin dan ? or let bcl hav chance to win ?

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    but our LDR and TCS...or even CWF....all are 23/24 already...right...?....and they still so called 'juniors'............... and yet to past the qualifiying round of SS...........sigh..
    heheno comment on tcs...he have his time in 2007..but not 2009......
    cwf 22.......erm....just a few INCLUDE u call them as MJ...junior define as under 19...even in pro player thread....have 2 sperated thread...MJ 09 by gemini12....and back up/elite back up by me....

  10. #112
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hehe...poor bao bao...u can say bye bye to seeded in wc now........

  11. #113
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow, why are we talking about indian players,...etc..here?
    so, the winner is lin dan as expected this time

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Anand Pawar...a junior..22 y/o..........played in 1st round of AE.............where are our Mjs...?
    The MJs not being able to get into the main draw is not an indication of lack of quality. Rather it's an indication of poor planning by the coach.If Rashid had targetted for that , he should have planned for each to play at least 12 tournaments a year.That's a sure way to get the required rankings!Don't even have to target how far to go.Just target for upsets in each tournament.
    Take CHN's MSJ(Men's Singles Juniors).Between GWJ and LY, GWJ is the better one but his ranking is poorer than LY. Why? Because GWJ hardly have opportunities to compete and when he did,he was often unlucky to be drawn in CJ's quarter so he can't even reach QF like in this AE cos he has to make way for CJ and the favourite agreed score seemed to be 21/10;21/10. One time, GWJ forgot he had to give way and overtook CJ and the CHN coach had to shout him down.Poor GWJ.
    LY has better rankings because in the past 12 months, he was in just about every tournament but he was unimpressive;usually exited R1 and if draw was lucky R2, if luckier QF.(There's nothing great about him beating LD in training.Maybe just a trick to give him confidence that if he can beat LD, sure he can do the same to LCW.) Sure, he has improved for this AE.LCW losing G1 was an indication of LCW's poor strategy.He wasn't sure how much LY has improved so he probably played a careful G1.
    When LCW plays careful, he usually loses because it takes him a long time to get started,by which time the game is over.When LCW dictates play, he has the upper hand because he gets off the block super fast.But look at the G2 and G3 scores.LCW definitely in control but what awful G1 strategy.(Sorry, off-topic)

  13. #115
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    according to the score, a game was pretty walkawaed. didnt find in youtube though

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    The MJs not being able to get into the main draw is not an indication of lack of quality. Rather it's an indication of poor planning by the coach.If Rashid had targetted for that , he should have planned for each to play at least 12 tournaments a year.That's a sure way to get the required rankings!Don't even have to target how far to go.Just target for upsets in each tournament.
    Take CHN's MSJ(Men's Singles Juniors).Between GWJ and LY, GWJ is the better one but his ranking is poorer than LY. Why? Because GWJ hardly have opportunities to compete and when he did,he was often unlucky to be drawn in CJ's quarter so he can't even reach QF like in this AE cos he has to make way for CJ and the favourite agreed score seemed to be 21/10;21/10. One time, GWJ forgot he had to give way and overtook CJ and the CHN coach had to shout him down.Poor GWJ.
    LY has better rankings because in the past 12 months, he was in just about every tournament but he was unimpressive;usually exited R1 and if draw was lucky R2, if luckier QF.(There's nothing great about him beating LD in training.Maybe just a trick to give him confidence that if he can beat LD, sure he can do the same to LCW.) Sure, he has improved for this AE.LCW losing G1 was an indication of LCW's poor strategy.He wasn't sure how much LY has improved so he probably played a careful G1.
    When LCW plays careful, he usually loses because it takes him a long time to get started,by which time the game is over.When LCW dictates play, he has the upper hand because he gets off the block super fast.But look at the G2 and G3 scores.LCW definitely in control but what awful G1 strategy.(Sorry, off-topic)
    so r u suggesting that for lcw to be more successful, he should play more recklessly and take more riskier chances? How come he didn't 'take charge' or 'dictate' LD in the OG MS final?? It's a shame for BAM and bolehian fans that misbun didn't have u as his advsiory coach.

  15. #117
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    so r u suggesting that for lcw to be more successful, he should play more recklessly and take more riskier chances? How come he didn't 'take charge' or 'dictate' LD in the OG MS final?? It's a shame for BAM and bolehian fans that misbun didn't have u as his advsiory coach.
    Why don't you analyse how LCW win his matches over the likes of LD,PG and TH?
    MAS coaches are superb in terms of skills training but seem lacking in the thinking dept of strategy and tactics.At the top end, tactics decide the winner.
    Sure, I would find the opportunity to discuss with Misbun how he figures out game plans, hopefully in SPO09 in June.I would say Misbun has more confidence in LCW now.
    But I disagree with his idea that LCW has to play every SS to maintain his standard.I don't think Misbun understands the concept of mental exhaustion and 'burnt out' .Or the idea of 'less is more' ie LCW plays 10 SS,he may win 5;he plays 12 SS, he may win 3.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Similar Threads

  1. a pic of bao chunlai
    By 最爱鲍春来 in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 26
    : 09-05-2009, 05:46 AM
  2. Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai
    By badmintex in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 11
    : 10-08-2006, 10:31 AM
  3. BAO chunlai's handwriting
    By 01353 in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 7
    : 05-09-2006, 10:31 AM
  4. Bao chunlai
    By Wendy in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 4
    : 04-28-2006, 10:41 AM
  5. Bao chunlai let me tell you
    By kong ling in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 7
    : 07-03-2005, 10:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •