User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the best string tension for AT700? and best string for AT700?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend uses 24lbs BG-65. His AT700 is 3U and feels so heavy compare to my AT900P 4U and Nano power White. I like BG-80 because it's not as thin as 0.66 but less then 0.7 so it's good for me at 25lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ordering an AT700 3U G5 and not sure what string & tension to use. Anyone please help!

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    My friend uses 24lbs BG-65. His AT700 is 3U and feels so heavy compare to my AT900P 4U and Nano power White. I like BG-80 because it's not as thin as 0.66 but less then 0.7 so it's good for me at 25lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what are you looking for? If you are looking for a performance string, you will have to give up durability and price (unless you have your own stringing machine, then it's your leisure that you give up). If you want to save money by getting a durable string, you will sacrifice a little bit on the performance end.

In my opinion, if you are asking such a general question, it is probably not worth your while (and money!) to go with a performance string because the costs may exceed the benefits for you. And think of it this way as well: if you use a regular string, you will have to work harder to hit your shots and control them and that will ultimately make you stronger and more skilled.

If you like high tensions, just go with BG-65 at 24-27lbs. If you get a thin string like the BG-66 or BG-85, they will break really quickly at high tensions...but if you don't string them tight enough you won't notice any performance gains.

Right now I am using BG-65 at 26x28lbs and it feels good. I'm preferring the high tension feel to the repulsive feel of the BG-66 at 24x26lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i have all 3 racquets discussed...the at 700 is a smashing monster, at 900p less smashing but faster reflexes...arc 10 is perfect. with at 700 you can't really defend, it's so much heavier...unless you want it for mixed doubles and you're a guy...with at 900p, i'd rather go for at 900t, more control, much more important, as with the at 900p, it's like in between the 700 and 900t. arcsaber 10 is on a class of itself. this is the racquet i use for doubles. i don't know how it works but it does. light and maneuverable...smashable if strung at 25+. when y ou smash, it's like the racquet bends backwards and then releases it's energy if you hit it in the sweetspot

just my 2 cents. make that 15 for my time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i'm looking for AT700 with BG68ti and what tension it might be?
    BG68ti more durable than BG66. I'm using it (BG68ti, tension 26lbs) on my NS7700 and the smash power more stronger than previous tension 25lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thejym View Post
    Well what are you looking for? If you are looking for a performance string, you will have to give up durability and price (unless you have your own stringing machine, then it's your leisure that you give up). If you want to save money by getting a durable string, you will sacrifice a little bit on the performance end.

In my opinion, if you are asking such a general question, it is probably not worth your while (and money!) to go with a performance string because the costs may exceed the benefits for you. And think of it this way as well: if you use a regular string, you will have to work harder to hit your shots and control them and that will ultimately make you stronger and more skilled.

If you like high tensions, just go with BG-65 at 24-27lbs. If you get a thin string like the BG-66 or BG-85, they will break really quickly at high tensions...but if you don't string them tight enough you won't notice any performance gains.

Right now I am using BG-65 at 26x28lbs and it feels good. I'm preferring the high tension feel to the repulsive feel of the BG-66 at 24x26lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! you got the 3 rackets that i like most, AT700, AT900P and ARC 10. So what tension do you use for AT700 and what string?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonlist View Post
    actually i have all 3 racquets discussed...the at 700 is a smashing monster, at 900p less smashing but faster reflexes...arc 10 is perfect. with at 700 you can't really defend, it's so much heavier...unless you want it for mixed doubles and you're a guy...with at 900p, i'd rather go for at 900t, more control, much more important, as with the at 900p, it's like in between the 700 and 900t. arcsaber 10 is on a class of itself. this is the racquet i use for doubles. i don't know how it works but it does. light and maneuverable...smashable if strung at 25+. when y ou smash, it's like the racquet bends backwards and then releases it's energy if you hit it in the sweetspot

just my 2 cents. make that 15 for my time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received my brand new AT700 today and tried it out with tring BG 80 and tension 25lbs. I can felt to power of smash but still not get used to it. I like the net control and drop shot, it really fast for the shuttle to travel.
    Overall i like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jensen9173 View Post
    Thx! for the respond.
    I think the price also should be consider.
    AT700 price RM620 (all included)
    AT900P price RM725 (all included)

So is the price resonable the buy?
    where did you get such a special price like that!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    In Ipoh victor shop!
    My AT700 cost RM620 with string BG80 and YY bag (can fit in 5 racket, single jip)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Ipoh victor shop!
    My AT700 cost RM620 with string BG80 and YY bag (can fit in 5 racket, single jip)
    Damn cheap~I hope i can get that kinda price at KL or bangi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Ipoh victor shop!
    Damn cheap~I hope i can get that kinda price at KL or bangi
    Why not? Just need to nego only what surely you can get cheaper than those prices eventhough the prices have gone up! BUT depends on your nego skills la

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by findecano1 View Post
    Why not? Just need to nego only what surely you can get cheaper than those prices eventhough the prices have gone up! BUT depends on your nego skills la
    hehehe .. can teach me?anybody?i have NO nego skill ... or in better word NEVER NEGO BEFORE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe .. can teach me?anybody?i have NO nego skill ... or in better word NEVER NEGO BEFORE
    Sometimes, having a good negotiating position is much more important. Price is often not the only negotiable attribute. If there is something else you want, you can try to convince the shop to give you a packaged price. Your position improves if you are aware of where you can get a better price.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to nego:

Initial price: $100

Always go 15~20% lower than asking price.

You: Hey uncle $80 can can hao?
    Uncle: No la $80 I oso don't make profit then will mati. I can let go for $95
    You: No la uncle $95 too expensive. I am poor student la. Give $85 good price boleh la!
    Uncle: Wah lau, $92 no lower liao or I sell and sell badminton gear till si liao also never get rich..
    You: Ok ok la $90, look I have no more money uncle! (Show your wallet with the other $10 taken out prior to the nego).
    Uncle: Ok la ok I give you.
    You: Oh thank you uncle! So pai seh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akrylik View Post
    How to nego:

Initial price: $100

Always go 15~20% lower than asking price.

You: Hey uncle $80 can can hao?
    Uncle: No la $80 I oso don't make profit then will mati. I can let go for $95
    You: No la uncle $95 too expensive. I am poor student la. Give $85 good price boleh la!
    Uncle: Wah lau, $92 no lower liao or I sell and sell badminton gear till si liao also never get rich..
    You: Ok ok la $90, look I have no more money uncle! (Show your wallet with the other $10 taken out prior to the nego).
    Uncle: Ok la ok I give you.
    You: Oh thank you uncle! So pai seh...
    Good one.. . Impressive negotiation skill. Take out 10 dollar before go buy.

But sometime very hard to nego when the ppl show you those long face like telling you No Money Don't Buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally i will do searching for few shops and comparing the price, then i will decide what they can give me. Usually if you just asking for the price they will give you normal price tag but if you really want it then they will cut less more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast