Results 35 to 43 of 43
Thread: Armortec 700 and 900P
03-18-2009, 10:24 PM #35
You can also try this (after spending a long time at the shop looking at many many rackets, potentially wasting the uncle's time):
You: Uncle, how much you selling this one?
You: Uncle, <name another shop> selling at $80 leh but I want to buy from you because you are nicer to me.
Uncle: $80? But my buying price already higher than $80
You: then how much can you give me?
You: Uncle, I also need shuttles (worth $20). We settle at $100 for everything how?
The point here is still negotiating position. Important tip in negotiation, always think win-win.
- Consider if you will be a long term customer. If the shop is treating you well, a $10-$20 extra now may mean better prices in future so you will still get a net a long term saving
- Let the shop consider the same -- future revenue.
- If the uncle has spent a long time with you, he will be more obliged to close the deal.
- It's important to know what the uncle's competition is offering. You may round it down a bit, e.g. $255 -> $250 but be careful if you attempt to bluff. It's risks point 1. In .sg, be very wary of that because the shop keepers seem to know each other's prices.
- Uncle's concern is usually profit per transaction. If you can get him to package your purchase, you can save from other items. E.g. basic racket comes with free grip + string. Ask for a higher end string, include 2-3 tubes of shuttles (which you need anyway), more grips, a bigger racket bag. Know the price of all these. It's easier for the uncle to give you a better discount this way.
03-19-2009, 12:49 AM #36
03-19-2009, 02:37 AM #37
I just bought 1 more AT700 yesterday, at KK, Sabah. "Accidentally" I found one shop still selling it at old sunrise price RM649. Only one left. Got 10% discount, so I get it RM585. Without any doubt I give my card and swipe it
But of course, the price for racquet only
03-19-2009, 04:20 AM #38
03-19-2009, 05:50 AM #39
En Amin, you want to buy Armotec700limited edition??
Go to Pertama complex la, atleast you can get RM800
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM #40
Uncle: Ok ok you take ha but remember my good deed!
The 200 rm price cut is theoritically possible. You also need that "Oh please kesian me" appearance. Don't come to his store and dangle your BMW key on his nose.
The above method posted by weeyeh is also a highly recommended method.
Just an addition, you can try to kacau him too by buying this and that product.
Racket: 800 rm
Shuttle: 30 rm
Indomie x4: 12 rm
Grip: 21 rm
Then say to him; All for 840 la ok uncle? I happy you happy.
Usually works .
03-20-2009, 09:40 AM #41
03-21-2009, 10:24 AM #42
Well, seem a lot of good adviced on bargin price. I can said everyhere is the same for yonex price tag and see if the seller want to earn how many % of the racket you want.
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM #43
By soon0071 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 3: 04-14-2012, 07:38 AM
By Maxplus66 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 15: 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM
By WalzY in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 51: 09-15-2010, 12:26 PM
By DaigoDJM in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 4: 07-01-2010, 05:47 AM
By lavender in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 0: 09-08-2008, 01:50 PM