Question about hand-coordination

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whittalboy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Whittalboy

Whittalboy Regular Member

I do row mon,wed,fri and play tennis(although i love badminton more than tennis, i do not play currently since badminton is not offered as a sport in my school. Well, it is actually offered in 3rd term which is pretty soon, and i am very excited :D:D:D) tues,thurs,sat. I heard a rummor about rowing decreases your hand-coordination. Is it true?? Well, i play tennis 3 days a week. If i do them evenly, would it still matter?? what if i row more than i play tennis or badminton, anything that does with hand-coordination??:confused:

I am very excited to show off my badmiton skills to people from my school since no one really play this sport serious other than me...

2. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Some simple advice...

The easiest way to improve you hand/eye coordination with regards to badminton is very simple. Play against the wall and I am totally serious. if you can keep the shuttle from dropping to the floor while you practice against the wall, you are doing well. Practicing against the wall teaches you a few things, reflect, wrist strength (as you will need to hit the shuttle quickly and as hard as you can), and as you said hand/eye coordination. You will need to do it everyday and you will notice improvement. :p

3. dubber

dubber Regular Member

Electrician
    Dont really see how rowing or anything besides damaging a nerv or something hurting your hand coordination. Why would rowing decrease your coordination? Tennis on the other hand can have some bad influence on badminton if you play it for too long, my friend who recently started playing badminton after playing tennis for some years have some problems with the technique such as smashing like he performs a tennis serve and almost waiting the shuttle to drop below his waist for doing a backhand :p

4. Whittalboy

Whittalboy Regular Member

haha :D that's how i was like before i started to play badminton serious(which is when i played tennis enthusiacally). But after I played hours and hours at a previous school and drop-ins(the school where didn't offer rowing) I am so fine now. Also, i am from Korea and i am a member of serious badminton club at seoul. I really miss it, i can't wait till go back to Korea in summer to play badminton. I am assuming that I will play badminton and tennis both for long time. I REALLY wish it does not affect my technichs.(so far, it does not).
    - I heard rumors of ruining the coordinations from rowing, I am concerned about it. I WISH it does not affect.:(