Protective Coating on Frame

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jedimaster, Feb 24, 2009.

1. jedimaster

jedimaster Regular Member

I notice on my new nanospeed 9000s that each time I clash rackets (lightly of course) with my partner, there seem to be some marks on the racket frame, but the marks can be scratched off with my fingernails. There seem to be a certain protective coating on the frame of new YY rackets. I noticed it too with my arc10 when it was new. I wonder if it is something that can be bought in the market, since the coating does seem to help protect the frame somewhat, at least from minor scratches.

2. what07

what07 Regular Member

I have something like that on my Armotec 900P and Arc10 also. Must be a thin layer sprayed over the paint but it wears out and then the paint falls off later. On my Isometric 75MF it is also has that layer.

3. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

If it looks like a white colored scuff and you can scrape it off, than thats from the shuttle. If its clear and flakey, its a clear coat of paint. The clear coat of paint is really minor and comes on most painted products. Probably a urethane clear coat you can buy in spray for will do the trick for you if you really want. I wouldnt worry about it that much.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The interface between the frame's graphite and the paint has to bond two very different materials. Some paints do not adhere well to graphite especially if the painting is done eletrostatically. So a special coating that accepts electrostatic painting is overlaid on the frame first.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I thinking the thin layer of coating protects the paint more than the frame itself. I really won't be bothered with that. ;)