Yonex Stringing instruction

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by humsuplou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. humsuplou

humsuplou Regular Member

Hi,
    I started stringing with the 2 knots method. But was told that Yonex has different intructions for different models.
    Trying to string an Armotec 900 with Yonex's instructions. But it's different from the 2 knots method. Any helps here???

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

from Yonex USA : http://www.yonexusa.com/displaycat.cfm?catid=14

3. humsuplou

humsuplou Regular Member

I should be more specific with my question :)
    I have that chart with me, but my question is that a pre-string method?
    Is there 1 string for both Main and Cross? Or 2 seperate strings (1 for main and 1 for Cross)?
    Thanks!

4. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

pre-string or not, 1 piece or 2 pieces, 2 knots (1 piece string) or 4 knots (2 pieces strings), all shall be the same way of string ..... :D

5. Fluxe

Fluxe Regular Member

They are the same. Looking at the chart, just connect one of the "main tie off" to "cross start" for 1 piece method (2 knots). For example, with NS 9000, the main from B10 will go straight to cross at B9. (ignore B8 knot for main and B6 knot for cross)

At least that is how I do it :D

6. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Yonex doesnt specify prestring or not. Their specifications are regarding weave pattern/grommit mapping, whatever you want to call it and tie offs. Same goes with all rackets, even tennis. Pre-weave or weave as you go, has no affect on the end result.

side note, i got a few apacs from singapore bout half a year ago and they were strung very poorly, with tie offs in the middle of the mains and crosses, but guess what? It still plays great. In fact i think those are some of th ebest strings ive used, despite the poor stringing job.

7. Fluxe

Fluxe Regular Member

Tie-offs in the middle of mains and crosses?! :eek: Isn't that the spot where you will be hitting your shuttle at :confused: Maybe it was strung at high tension and the tie-off string tension drop to your suitable tension :D:D:D

8. illusionistpro

I dont mean middle middle, see where the cross is what i meant...

Attached Files:

9. Fluxe

Fluxe Regular Member

Ahh, I have seen that before. Anyway, come to think of it, the position of tie-offs do not matter much as long as the last string is not the center string. (If that makes sense =>)

10. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

I would be interested to see a pic of the outside of the frame to check which cross was tensioned last in this instance.

11. illusionistpro

On that racket it strickly goes from the inside mains out, and straight up the crosses. I think the reason why the tie offs are where they are is because the stringer went mains 1-11 vs 1-9, 11, 10. Also the tie off travels about 7 holes to to shared grommit where its tied off at. Like I said, terrible string job. He probably lost a lot of tension on that last main, but overall to me, it feels like a solid 24+ lbs and I asked for 25lbs. I was satisfied overall. Maybe he perfected this 'bad' technique. : /