best retail stringers in the south bay?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by arturosauce, Feb 25, 2009.

1. arturosauce

arturosauce Regular Member

hi everyone. i currently live in the south bay of northern california (408 area and immediate surrounding areas) and i am wondering where is the best place to get my racket strung. places like asby sports, badminton alley, and the various badminton clubs come to mind, but surely there is one location in the south bay area that stands out above the rest? i'm not one to try out X amount of places all over the city (especially if the stringers aren't good), so i'm going to go with the general consensus. so where should i go? thanks in advance!

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I think it's tough to say who is the best. They are all professional. But some advanced players recommend racket supply which is in Saratoga. They said they are using the high end 1000 dollars stringing machine. They can tell the tension is very balanced. I myself is not at that level to tell the diff.

3. arturosauce

arturosauce Regular Member

i guess everyone strings their own racket then? haha. thanks for the response, qidong. i'll take what you said into consideration.

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Yes, most players serious about badminton have their own stringing machines. Consider a 400 dollar machine, and if they restring their racquets every month. It really worth it.

5. keebler_elf

keebler_elf Regular Member

Pro shop employee
    stringer

Hello arturosauce, If you want or need your rackets restrung and dont plan to do it yourself then Alan Kakinami is the man to go to. He just opened a new shop. He strings for the US Open, US Nationals and many other tournaments. He is the best there is in my opinion. Here is a link to info on his shop. There is a map, phone numbers, and some pictures. Good luck

"http://www.yelp.com/biz/ak-badminton-and-tennis-and-skateboards-newark-2"

6. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

AK Badminton has the most International experience in the bay area, 2005, 2011 World Championships, 2012 All Englands and 2012 Olympics. 1999 US Open for badminton up to 2011 and a few tennis tournaments Siebel Open, SAP Open and Bank of the West Classic at Stanford.

7. tigerlam92

tigerlam92 Regular Member

Agreed. I only use Alan at AK Badminton as well. Tried other places but never knew for sure if you can depend on their results. Had some really bad experience else where. At Alan, you know you get it as good as any professionals in the world.