Racquet Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chupachup, Feb 26, 2009.

1. chupachup

chupachup Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys -

Just another person looking for a racquet here.

I haven't played badminton for a bit over a year (haven't played seriously for about 3 or so years - used to be on my school team), so I'm currently working on getting somewhat passably fit again, but would like to get a racquet too. My old racquet's broken - I would use it otherwise. :/

My old racquet was a Wilson Hyper Carbon 6.5, BG-65 strung at 22lbs. Problem is, I got it many years ago before I knew much about racket specifics and I can't seem to find much about the racquet online now.

I'm more used to isometric heads than oval, and play doubles more often than singles. I tend to be more comfortable at the back of the court rather than the front. If there's a good opportunity to smash, I will. My defense is okay, it's not great, and I have trouble with net play.

Also, I'm female, but my friends tend to say that, for a girl, I have buffalo-like strength. They exaggerate, I think I'm just average, but I thought I'd add that in case it has any influence on any recommendations.

Since the economy's **** right now, I don't want to spend too much money, but if there's a racquet that would really be suitable, I'd be willing to spend more. Definitely no more than $220 though. $100-$150 (preferably less, even) is probably a more likely range.

So uh, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :)

(I'm sorry this is so long.)

#1 chupachup, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. painkilla86

painkilla86 Regular Member

student
    i cant say anything about prices as they very per region as so does the meaning of "expensive".

I know a women in my club who uses a at500 which gives her a almost man like smash.

I heard good things about arcsaber 10 for balanced offence and defence.

nanospeed for ultimate control and handling. the new nanospeed 9900 looks sexy :p

#2 painkilla86, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  3. chupachup

chupachup Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the recs. I've looked into them but I'll wait and see what other people say. And yeahhhhh, the Nanospeed 9900 looks so sexy. The price... not so much. :p

----------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I was looking through my stuff again, and I just noticed that there's a giant tear in my old badminton shoes (which I haven't taken out in a few months).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! /end Darth Vader moment

This means my budget for the racquet is going to go way down, since I'd rather spend my money on good badminton shoes. :/

Preferably around $90 or less, definitely no more than $160.