Starting Clamp Strips Outer Layer of String

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Fluxe, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Fluxe

Fluxe Regular Member

Has anyone experienced this before? It happened when I pulled the first main string with starting clamp clamping the string from the outer frame of the opposide end. As I pulled, the outer layer was held by the starting clamp while the inner layer was pulled straight through the grommet. String used was Apacs Repulsion 0.66mm.

2. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Well the string was damaged either in the first place or by the clamp. The string is ruined, but I would try again in another part to see if its the string or the clamp.

3. Fluxe

Fluxe Regular Member

It was a fresh string, so I would assume it was the clamp that damaged the string.

4. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Its the clamp. Some strings are worse than others. I find Nanogy 95 a bit annoying with this also. BG65, 68, 70, & 80 seem to be more resilient especially when tying off with a half hitch first. I like to eek out the lack with the half hitch to find that its damaged the outer of the string.

5. Fluxe

Fluxe Regular Member

I assume you were referring to fixed clamps. Luckily, my fixed clamps have not given me any problem thus far =)