Racket recommendation?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nuetronist, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Nuetronist

Nuetronist Regular Member

I was wondering if you guys would be able to reccomend a racket for me.

I'm 17 years old, 5' 7". I like to smash, and have a fairly hard one (not many people can return my smashes) and use a lot of forearm in combination with my wrist. I really like to do jump smashes, backhands, and backhand smashes (I dont know why), deceptive shots, and drops. I orient my serve return around the net kill if they try a drop serve.

My game incorporates a lot movement (whether that's a tecnical deficiency or what, I don't know) and jumping. As well, I'm able to return slow to medium speed smashes...sometimes. I need a lot of control and speed.

The rackets I had in mind were the arc10 or at at900p

Thanks

#1 Nuetronist, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

Well, my recomendation will be Arc 10 and AT700.:)

3. Nuetronist

At700? I haven't really looked at/ thought about that one xD

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

I have both Arc 10 and AT900P. Both would be excellent for you. Maybe the AT900P more since you like power and it has a little better defense then the AT700.

5. WhiteRice94

WhiteRice94 Regular Member

slacker
    you sound like an all-round player, and i recommend the nanospeed 9000x. i would've said arc-10 but in my experiences with this racket, it kinda lacks the power. though a900p has the most smashing power, you are also giving up the drops and deceptive shots you love to do. the 9000x is a light all rounder with a little bit of head heaviness which will benefit both your smashes and drops

6. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

well if u think your smash is strong enough, i recommend the Ti-10 (2U for a more powerful smash), with the right technique and strength, this racket can really smash.

7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

Try the MP-99. Nothing wrong with it. It packs a great punch, and it is slightly head heavy. meanwhile, it would be easier to transition to defense. If that's too stiff, think about the MP-45

8. Nuetronist

Jymbalaya - I don't really want to go with the musclepower line
    Tony - I don't know if I really want a 2u racket, I played with a friends once and I was absolutely brutal with it x_X I don't know what it was, but I couldn't get the whip out of it
    As for the ns9000x I haven't really read lots about it so would you mind explaining

9. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

do you have good badminton shoes? if not, save yourself the money and buy an apacs racket + good badminton shoes. should cost the same as your Arc10 or AT900P. any of the Armor Muscle Power series from Apacs is good for smashing.