User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much nicer to play with than 300 or 350 and from my experience more durable. Just need them in yellow due to school gym walls and they would be
    the go to birds. Maybe I can dye them with my next batch of Easter eggs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trickflick View Post
    well, plastic is plastic and feather is feather.. unfortunately
    no matter how well the plastic is made to mimic feather it can never truly be feather
    with the new 'materials' being developed, they will eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the new plastic you mean? lol, hmmm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course plastic shuttle manufacturers will bodly claim they will come close to real feathers one day. This claim was made perhaps thirty years back, and plastics today definitely does not even come close to feathers.
    Let me boldly put this to plastics manufacturers : first make a plastic bird that flies like a real bird, and having done that perhaps they can make the real thing. Do you seriously think they can make a plastic bird fly like a real bird?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO, but a birdie they can. Probably they don't bother that much. Consider the cost and the use of feathers. Loads. Take a plastic shuttle and U can pract play a whole match of 3 sets with it. Which is more cost effective?...........for the maker?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least feathers in shuttlecocks share something with their live cousins' feathers-they don't last forever. We change feathers shuttlecocks just like ducks and geese molt (replace) their feathers. The feathers in a feather shuttlecock are a carbon copy of the ones live ducks and geese have on their wings. In all these where do plastics stand? Pluck out a feather from a feather shuttle and try doing that to plastics, which has nothing to pluck out. Herein lies the sad truth-it is unlikely Yonex or Carlton can ever make a single plastic feather, let alone a complete feather-like plastic shuttle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taneepak, u should tout about feathers, head to head, within feather vs nylon threads. Don't go picking a low key mavis 2000 review thread to exbound on feathers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth is I don't mind using feather shuttles either. I mean for me I just adapt to the situation. I don't exact this or that shuttle when i play. Prob because I am amateur. LOL So I am really looking fwd to get some M2000 to try. They 'look' nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    taneepak, u should tout about feathers, head to head, within feather vs nylon threads. Don't go picking a low key mavis 2000 review thread to exbound on feathers
    Guys, lets not make this into a feather vs. nylon shuttle war

It is interesting to follow the progress of producing artificial shuttles that is trying to mimic feather shuttles properties, closer and closer.

Quill and Mav2K seems to be steps in the right direction, but most players agree there is still a long way to go... Some players (like Cooler?!) seems to think even the previos generation of plastics (Mav300,350,370 etc) where "good enough" for competetive play, and that maybe Mav2000 or future artifical shuttle development is not even neccessary.

I hope we vill se Mavis 3000, 4000, 5000 or 100000 progressing and getting better and better rigidity, fligth, spin and playability..

I will try to get my hands on some Mav 2000, have not tried them myself :-)

Cheers,
    Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder anyone in aus selling them... hrmm....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This plastic shuttlecock topic is getting very interesting. In 1982, about 17 years ago. Someone file a patent for shuttlecock with 16 plastic feathers. The plastic feather can be enhance with different materials to make it stiff or extra stiff..etc. The plastic shuttlecock pple using today is seriously lack of stiffness and result to poor flight. Just comparing the latest YY 2000 plastic shuttlecock with any normal feather shuttlecock, anyone can tell the stiffness different. Sad to say that this patented shuttlecock does not appear in market today (maybe I am wrong).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried these last night, and i have to say, im very disappointed by them. they fly much faster than the 300s or 350s, but they slow down pretty fast as well. they are basically the same when it come to distance traveled... im not too much of a fan of them yet.. maybe it'll grow onto me.. but they do seem to be more durable even though they have the weird feather looking skirt.

but on the other hand, these are still plastic. they arent close to replicating feather.. not for awhile..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have finally tried it today in training...
    First impression:
    It looked very attractive to play with since Yonex has marketed it as it plays similar to feather.
    During play:
    The 2000 definitely flows faster than the M-300 and 350, which I didn't like that much. And honestly, like ray_mond, it is NO where close to being a feather due to it's speed (even I can say M-350 will be closer than a feather, since it's a tad slower than the 300 or 2000). When it came to durability, it was not that great at all. We used it as drill training and the bird barely lasted 45 mins, the tip and the cork were breaking severely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here Mavis 500 is rife esp the blue band. We like the green band better and is always short on the market. Now to get the agent to bring in a few Mav2K for trials is next to impossible. We can't even get the MV300/350 to try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver View Post
    I have finally tried it today in training...
    First impression:
    It looked very attractive to play with since Yonex has marketed it as it plays similar to feather.
    During play:
    The 2000 definitely flows faster than the M-300 and 350, which I didn't like that much. And honestly, like ray_mond, it is NO where close to being a feather due to it's speed (even I can say M-350 will be closer than a feather, since it's a tad slower than the 300 or 2000). When it came to durability, it was not that great at all. We used it as drill training and the bird barely lasted 45 mins, the tip and the cork were breaking severely.
    haha.. sems like they are focusing on "emulating" durability of the goose feathers as well

I have not tested the 2000, but doesnt it come in fast,medium,slow & 2-slow speeds ?!?! Was even 2-slow speed to fast??

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    haha.. sems like they are focusing on "emulating" durability of the goose feathers as well

I have not tested the 2000, but doesnt it come in fast,medium,slow & 2-slow speeds ?!?! Was even 2-slow speed to fast??

/Twobeer
    Well yesterday, I tried the medium speed (and it was fast... so maybe 2-slow speed = 300/350 medium? someone should compare ) and honestly I didn't like it.. and when I played games with it, the skirt dies out fast... I am guess it is the design of it which makes it more less durable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiloo View Post
    Here Mavis 500 is rife esp the blue band. We like the green band better and is always short on the market. Now to get the agent to bring in a few Mav2K for trials is next to impossible. We can't even get the MV300/350 to try.
    Wow, 300 and 350 are the common ones on the market, and you don't even get to try it? You should order from overseas.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast