cab 8dx string & tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by qwerty, Aug 16, 2002.

1. qwerty

qwerty Regular Member

i want to string up my cab8dx. wat tension & string should i use? i don't want the tension to be too high because i don't want to break my racket. i want the tension to be playable, but won't put my racket at risk.
    thanks

2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    The Cab 8 DX should be aluminum frame, so I think high tension would not break the frame. Tension is just depended on your habits.

3. qwerty

qwerty Regular Member

head shape...

what about warping of the head? if i strung it at 22lbs w/bg85, can the head take it? Would bg85 be good for the racket?

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Threre might be a more noticable inverse proportion relationship with aluminium frame racqueti.e. the higher the racquet tension, the lower the lifespan of the racquet head.

If the racquet is precious to you, personally, I wouldn't string it above 20lbs.

5. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I had a Cab 8 (Green) still alive and used to string in 24lbs. But I seldom hit my racquet with my partners. I had used it for many years before using Cab 20.

I had strung for another person in 26lbs serval times for many years ago, the head is a little bit longer than normal. Owner never complain about the performance, but I don't know it's suitation now.:D