Having the Forum Page streched across the browser

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by GRObFURSt, Aug 16, 2002.

1. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    Instead of having it centered could we have it so that its streched across the entire width of a maximised browser window in any resolution ?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nah. it is this way by design. :)

3. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    Has the page width been changed recently? In order to read both the user names and their comments in new threads such as http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12930 with a 17" monitor, you have to scroll both horizontally and vertically. Is it possible to put an internal text margin on the right so that larger photo.'s can be posted while the poor BF members like myself who own 17" monitors can still read the text without scrolling in all directions?

4. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

This isn't a bad suggestion with the number of large pics we are getting (which are nice so don't stop those). However it's got nothing to do with having a 17" monitor, my 17 can handle up to 1600x1200 so I still don't have to scroll sideways normally ;P

Actually if you run your monitor as 1280 x 960 then you shouldn't have a problem with most of the pages.

5. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

so the answer to why we have this is "its not that annoying and there's way around it"???

i guess it could be worse though. Using a 13" on some boards are horrible. The actual text is like |------------------| wide. Everything else was taken up by avatars, signatures, side ads, tabs, etc etc etc.

6. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    The largest screen area I can select is 800x600 on my home pc; on the other pc's I use to access BF, I can't alter those settings. In any case, 1280x960 on a 17" monitor is just horrible, the text is tiny and everything looks distorted. I'm sure it's not good for your eyes.

7. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I use 1024x768 on a 17" and don't have any problems