User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post wrist training

Hi thelim78,
    I think u failed to hit the sweetspot of the racket. Yr technique in question
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by thlim78 View Post
    recently I hv been doing some warming up / light exercises with squash racket with the purpose to strengthen my wrist. When at home, I do figure of 8's for 5 - 10 mins, three times per week. And on court, I do combination of fast drive, lob, smash, and drop for 10 - 20 mins against my friend.

now, here comes my problem. Each time I switch to my badminton racket (3U2G), I can feel that the racket becomes lighter, but the feeling is so strange. It seems like I am not holding anything. And when I smash, I don't have the feeling that I am smashing. Also I feel that my strength / power are not concentrated enuff when I smash, and my timing is also becoming inaccurate when I smash.

I am puzzled. Please suggest to me what went wrong, and the correct approach using squash racket for wrist strenghtening.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notnimdab729 View Post
    Hi thelim78,
    I think u failed to hit the sweetspot of the racket. Yr technique in question
    Lee
    agree that I hv failed to hit the sweetspot, and that happens after I switch over to a lighter racket.

The weight and grip size of my squash racket is different from my badminton racket. Do u think the difference in weight and grip size of rackets will affect my timing in smashing/hitting the sweetpot ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post wrist training

Hi thlim78,
    Of course, the weight and grip size of the racket will affect your "feel" and ultimately yr performance. Some people specifically prefer a certain grip size n weight to suit their ways of play. The "feel" is very important. As for using squash racket to train, is good for arm strength. Have u tried using a powerful handgrip to assist u in yr training? This will help too. Not just train up yr forearm but also yr finger grip power.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by thlim78 View Post
    agree that I hv failed to hit the sweetspot, and that happens after I switch over to a lighter racket.

The weight and grip size of my squash racket is different from my badminton racket. Do u think the difference in weight and grip size of rackets will affect my timing in smashing/hitting the sweetpot ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notnimdab729 View Post
    Hi thlim78,
    Of course, the weight and grip size of the racket will affect your "feel" and ultimately yr performance. Some people specifically prefer a certain grip size n weight to suit their ways of play. The "feel" is very important. As for using squash racket to train, is good for arm strength. Have u tried using a powerful handgrip to assist u in yr training? This will help too. Not just train up yr forearm but also yr finger grip power.
    Lee
    Hi Lee,

Thanks for sharing your opinion & suggestions.

I think I have come up something from your reply. Whenever I switch from a heavy squash racket to a lighter badminton racket, I should allow some time for my mind and my hand (wrist) to settle down and adapt to the lighter racket. This is also to regain the "feeling" of using the lighter racket.

And I will change to do my wrist strengthening exercise a day before my regular session or after my badminton session. Let's see whether or not it makes any difference ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2