shoe size

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by yellow_cloud, Mar 2, 2009.

1. yellow_cloud

yellow_cloud Regular Member

I am buying a pair of Yonex badminton shoes. That will be my first. Even though there exists a standard in US for shoe size, there is still some difference between manufacturers in my experience, e.g. my sport shoe sizes can vary from 7, 7.5 to 8, dependning on the manufacturer. My problem now is that there is no local Yonex store, so my only choice is to go for online, which I can no be sure what Yonex size is my best match.

Does anyone have suggestion? Or anyone knows how Yonex shoe size compares to like Mizuno or Adida or Nike which I can use as a reference?

2. yellow_cloud

I just tried several local footware stores and learned that I wanted size 8. But one problem, it has to be wide. I checked Yonex website and some online badminton stores, none of them shows any specification regarding shoe width. Anyone can help? Does anyone know whether those Yonex badminton shoes are made with different widths?

3. WhiteRice94

WhiteRice94 Regular Member

slacker
    I saw somewhere on an online badminton store that said to order half a size bigger than what you wear. But i also ordered a pair of Mmoa shoes which had to be half a size smaller to fit my feet. guess that was no help:rolleyes:

4. yellow_cloud

I think you are referring to badmintonalley.com that says Yonex SHB-41 is half a size smaller than other models and thus suggests to order half a size bigger.

5. Tornoni

Tornoni Regular Member

Finance
    I'm in your shoes. I wear size 7, 7.5 ,8 and 8.5 too.

Most of the time it is @ 7.5

For Yonex, go 0.5 size bigger and most come in std width.

My Yonex is SHB57 @ size 8.

My Head is @ size 8.5:confused:

If it's a little big for you, fit in a insole.

6. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

there are no indications of width size, but i think the W for some models eg. shb-91W is wide? i'm sure some models though, like the 99's and 100's are quite a narrow design and not really suited for wider feet.

hope that's a little help :)

7. yellow_cloud

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have learned that some Yonex models are wider than other Yonex models. A good thing is that those badminton players that I usually play with, they wear Yonex shoes. So I will be checking out their shoes to see whether I can identify one that suits me.

Otherwise, I will get volleyball shoes as an alternative. Some local stores like Sport Authority do carry some volleyball shoes made by Mizuno, Adida and Asics.

8. yellow_cloud

Wanna to close this and share my information,

My feet are measured 10.0" long and 3.9" at widest. Normally this calls for a US size 7.5 (or 8) and slightly wider than the standard width (3.8"), either W or 2E.

I ended up with a pair of Yonex SHB-99 Limited Edition. Size 8.5 fits perfectly.

I have also tried SHB-100 MX. Size 8.5 is good, but slightly too wide for me.

This confirms Yonex shoes usually are half a size smaller than other makes. I thought I had a wide feet, but it is not really. Yonex seems to be ok, not too wide and not too narrow.

The Yonex SHB-99 has worked quite well on me. I am glad. The money ($100) is well spent.