Fishing Location

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by badwally, Mar 3, 2009.

1. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Post your fishing location and pictures here. Also provide brieft description of fish type to be caught at site and any other comment. Happy fishing:D
    This is Camel Rock beach in Bermaguie, South Coast Australia. Type of fish caught here, Australian Salmon, Bream, Taylors & Snappers. I will try and dig up some photos of fish that I caught there tonight also will post more photos.

Attached Files:

2. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Fish Story

Ok as promise here are a few photos of the fish I have caught at Camel Rock beach. These pictures are Australian Salmons. They are very common at these beaches and on a good day or night you can catch 20 or more. Smallest around 2 kilo, biggest I caught was around 5 kilo. Not the best eating fish as such but good if cook fresh either BBQ or curry.
    Very good fighting fish. They would jump out of the water when hook.

Attached Files:

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i love ocean fishing.:)
    Smallest is 2 kg and can catch 20 or more:eek: *envy envy*

4. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    More fishy stories

This picture is of a Mulloway. Very good eating. This night we hit paydirt. Must be a combination of tide, time and moon. We caught 5. Many more got away.Very rare fish. Biggest was around 6 to 7 kilo. Will post more of my fishing spot when I find the pics..:eek:

Attached Files:

5. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Thanks cooler. Fishing is my second favourite spot apart from badminton. You have any fishy pics or story or hot spots you want to share with us...;)

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i only caught 1 fish in my whole life:eek: Nothing worth writing home about;)

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I love salmon fishing in Monterey Bay and Half Moon Bay near San Francisco. But the limit is only 2 per trip. :( I used to go twice a year and catch 2 during peak season (from May to Aug). I never bought my camera because I thought the sea water mist may damage the camera. But salmon fishing was banned last year, and is very likely to continue this year. :( Keep waiting...

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    wow.. I got some friends who go deep sea fishing around mauritius and sunda straights, rompin and even australia of course. I am good in catching bream or flatheads... anyone want a match? haha. ;)

9. superjay

superjay Regular Member

well i dont have pics but i live in the uk and we have a lot of lakes more like ponds to the things they have in usa but where i fish is called high fields lake has a lot of carp and bream and in the second lake is more roach and perch if your fishing on the pole and not the rod its a lot better just a 8lb carp takes 30mins to land and after two of them i was tierd so i just got my rod out for the rest of the day but the bad point of where i fish theres alot of crap on the bottom so you always get stuck and its in a bad area so you get alot of troble but catching the fish makes it all worth it in the end:D

just to ask does anyone from america or asia or just anywhere apart form the uk use a pole and do you know what the pole?

10. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    No I am intrigue. What is a pole? Is it just a bamboo rod or something. Would love a pic or two if you have one to show us...

11. superjay

superjay Regular Member

No I am intrigue. What is a pole? Is it just a bamboo rod or something. Would love a pic or two if you have one to show us...[/quote]

are you just been sarcastic

12. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    are you just been sarcastic[/quote]

No superjay. Certainly I am not. I really would like to see what he is talking about....:D

13. superjay

superjay Regular Member

well i dont have pics but a pole is just one long rod in a way the biggest you can get them in is a 16m or 52ft long and it is split up into around 11 sections. the way you catch with them is you have elastic running throw the middle of the top 1,2,3 or even sometimes 4th section with a bit of line on the end going down to your float and hook.
    you have different elastic for different fish you will use 4 to 8 for small fish 10 to 14 for bigger fish and 16+ for the big 20lbs fish the reson for the elastic is when you get a fish on it will strech this is like the drag on a reel.
    the reson for the pole is you can get it close to reeds and things like that without getting stuck on the cast plus you can use smaller floats and hooks than on the rod meaning fish feel less resistance which ends up in more bites and hooked fish.
    the down side is if the fish are more than 16m out then you have to go to the rod but most lakes in england are small so you can use the pole most the time the second problem is the price for a good light pole it will set you back a good £700 to £1200 for a very light stiff top of the line pole it will set you back a good £1200 to £3000 so there not cheap i got mine for £150 when it should have been £700 lucky me.
    but the best thing i think is about the pole is the fight feels better on the pole just makes it alot more fun for me.
    well i hope this helped you out.

14. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Thats very intersting superjay. I have not seen anything like it here in Australia. So what type of fish do you catch with it:confused:

15. superjay

superjay Regular Member

depends on the day but you can get anything from roach perch chub even barble but the main thing most people go for is carp i have had my two biggest fish in the same day about 5mins after each other on the pole it took 30mins plus to land just one

16. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Taylor galore

This picture is a 1.5kg taylor I caught at Bermagui beach recently. Also caught a 5kg Australian Salmon. Unfortunely no pic of this monster:eek:

Attached Files:

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I like to catch yellowtails because all I have to do is to drop my line from a jetty which normally has swarms of them around it. :)

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

did u pull that fish out of the freezer? It looked kinda...stiff, even with the help of the coconut shelf as a back stop:D

19. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Took picture after I came home as no camera that day at beach. But yes it was frozen.:D

20. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Hi X Ball yes they are good fun yellowtails. Used to be heaps of them at the rocks and jetty area but they all seem to have disappeared lately. Over fished I think:crying:. There is a place down the South Coast called Eden with a concrete wharf that we used to fish at. There used to be thousand's of slimy mackerel just swimming around the wharf area. Caught them by the bucket loads at one stage. That was years ago. Stop going there when the fish stop going there:(. I think this was because the professional fisherman caught most of them before they can get to the harbor area.
    I am going back there next month to have a look see. Will post picture of the area.:D