The Challenger Branch In PJ

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Challenger, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Challenger

Challenger Regular Member

Dear fellow badminton enthusiast,

The Challenger Sports Centre is expanding its base in the Klang Valley. Due to the success of the 1st Challenger Sports Centre in Cheras, we are currently expanding our services further to the residents around the vicinity of Petaling Jaya.

Our PJ Branch is implementing the same objective in offering a one-stop sporting services and facilities all under one roof. This new branch comprises of 15 Rubberise Badminton Courts, 3 Rubberise Indoor Futsal Courts, 2 Ping Pong Tables, 2 Snooker Tables, and a Cafeteria with Halal local Chinese, Malay, and Indian Cuisine served. Among the facilities are a Proshop equipped with badminton and futsal necessities, Security & Camera Guarded Parking, Hot & Cold shower rooms, Giant TV with Astro Channels, Free wireless WiFi services, Praying Room(Surau), etc.

On top of that, we are also offering a Professional Badminton Coaching Service under our Challenger Badminton Academy(CBA) banner. The Academy is led by Former National Back-up Men's Doubles Player, Liew Gavin (brother of Current National Singles Player, Liew Daren). Our Chief Coach is a product of BAM Badminton Academy and has more than 8 years of experience in coaching players ranging from Beginners right up to Advance State, National and International level players. With the help of several Former National & State Level assistants, CBA is striving to introduce the game of badminton to people from all walks of life, strengthening the basic foundation of the game, as well as becoming a constant feeder club in producing players for the State's Team and Bukit Jalil Sports School(BJSS).

The exact address of the sport centre is at 118, Jalan Semangat, 46200, PJ, Selangor. The Centre is attached to the Petaling Tin Bhd. building, which is located in between the Ticket Axcess & British American Tobacco(BAT) building. Additional famous landmarks and building surrounding the sport centre are Rothman's Roundabout, Sin Chew Jit Poh, Lisa De Inn, Jaya 33, Dutch Lady, Jaya One, UTAR, etc.

Renovation work for the centre is expected to be completed by middle of March 2009. Among the Grand Opening activities would be Free Badminton & Futsal Court Testing sessions, Charity Badminton Tournament, Exhibition Match by Current National Players, Futsal Competition, etc. We will keep the post updated with our activities.

For further information, please contact Mr. Liew@ 017-3355 812 or Mr. Heng@ 012-787 3354.

Cheers,
    Challenger

Attached Files:

2. nightsatan

nightsatan Regular Member

Sales
    yes, finally a new alternative for all badminton lovers, also very close to my house :D

3. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    and anohter Competitor for newvision, a Busines's nightmare but a badminton lover's' delight!! :p

4. wu_kong101

wu_kong101 Regular Member

Insurance - Actuarial
    wow snooker and futsal too nice..

5. jebatdurhaka

jebatdurhaka Regular Member

any "promotion" for the new courts? maybe free testing sessions .. or 50% discount .. :D

I always play very good badminton during "promotion" period .. hehhehe ;)

6. tucked

tucked Regular Member

Application Engineer
    That's freaking near to New Vision.
    Are they trying to take out NV or just plain looking for competition?

7. nightsatan

Sales
    competition exist everywhere. Is good to have competition so that people can benefit from lower pricing offer from them :D. Not like MBA, no alternatives here in Puchong

8. Challenger

Dear fellow badminton enthusiast,

GOOD NEWS! Our new Challenger Branch in PJ is set to have a soft opening on the 16th of March 2009. We will be giving FREE Badminton testing sessions for a week from the 16/03/09 till 22/03/09. During this period, the badminton courts are open from 10am to 1am to public for free play of maximum of 2 hours per booking per day. We encourage customers to be considerate and allow as much people to test and enjoy the facilities that we are providing. For customers who are happy with our courts after the testing sessions, they can immediately book their preffered courts and sessions at our proshop counters. The booking of courts is based on First Come First Served Basis. For further info and booking of our free testing sessions, pls contact Mr. Liew @ 017-3355 812. We are happy to receive your calls and enquiries. Cheers.

9. nightsatan

Sales
    anyone who wish to try out here please do count me in ya :)

10. NRTMember

NRTMember Regular Member

11. Challenger

Hi, nice question u brought up here. To me the court surface is very subjective. As we can see all the major or even minor tournaments in the world now is using the green color rubber carpet for the event. Does that means BWF do not take consideration on the players' knee or any injury concern? Basically, whatever the court surface is, most importantly is the player themselves who have to take precautions, eg. proper & sufficient warm ups, wear heel cup, knee guard, etc.

Rubber carpet courts is not as slippery if compare to other surface courts (parquet, cement, etc). But if there's accountable amount of sweat or water on the court, i think it will be slippery whatever the surface it is. That is why we always see the international players asking for the court to be mopped so frequently.

Therefore, whatever the surface of court that u r playing, just make sure u have enough stretching & warm up to have the muscles and joint really ready for action. On top of that, u can also wear heel cup to protect ur heel & knees as the injury of the knees are mostly from your jumping, stepping, landing. With heel cup, it will provide u with extra better cushion landing.

12. NRTMember

NRTMember Regular Member

Bro Challenger,

BWF tournament installed another layer of sport plank b4 they lay the court wan worr....dun misunderstood me as criticizing ur court but im comparing oni becos i like to play badminton also...iam one of the worker who set up malaysia open recently....my comp supplying the sport plank to the organizer....is ur rubberize court laying on cement surface?

how thick is ur court mat??

13. spencerlws

spencerlws Regular Member

Creative Producer
    anyone wana form a new group for every tuesday night?? 6 p.m onward.. preferably 8 person in that group. For those intermediate or average player...

1. Spencer Liaw (017-3588 302)

#13 spencerlws, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  14. Challenger

Bro NRT member, no problem, we are just discussing to gain more knowledge and for the love of sports. Oh...if thats the case, then i'm mistaken. Coz i'm not sure wats the surface they use under the carpet. Coz some tournaments in other countries that we played b4, do not put the sport plank layer on the court. Maybe BWf have now become more strict on the bottom layer of the court, which is good for the sport.

Our challenger court is layed on top of cement. The thickness of the rubber is 4.5mm, which we tried is good enough for social player(less jumping and heaving landing). Anyway, u can try it out during our free sessions if u would like to. Thanks

15. koowakchai

koowakchai Regular Member

where do u play now? any plan to play on weekends?

16. spencerlws

Creative Producer
    i am playing every thursday night at desa petaling. u play on saturday or sunday?? time??where??? if the timing is okie should be fine with me... =D

17. koowakchai

koowakchai Regular Member

I am looking to join the intermediate group on weekend.

Have u book for the trial session at Challenger??

18. wu_kong101

wu_kong101 Regular Member

Insurance - Actuarial
    hey count me in to if there are any groups that wanna play here during free session.
    and yea its freaking close to new vision u can walk there. =p

19. spencerlws

Creative Producer
    yeah.... i booked on 22th sunday morning , my fren booked on 19th thursday night...=D

20. NRTMember

NRTMember Regular Member

Bro challenger....Thanks for the info...cos as i knoe nowadays BWF using a raised up floor before laying the carpet on it....anyway i will try the court when its ready :)