Ramos reelected as badminton head

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by venkatesh, Mar 3, 2009.

1. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Ramos reelected as badminton head

The Philippine Badminton Asso-ciation (PBA) held an election on Saturday even without a Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) repre-sentative with former first lady Amelita “Ming” Ramos receiving a fresh four-year mandate. Eighteen out of the registered 29 voting members cast their votes in favor of Mrs. Ramos at the Rizal Memorial badminton center in the electoral process attended by newly appointed Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) Chairman Harry Angping and Commissioner Eric Loretizo
    Go Teng Kok, special assistant to POC President Jose ‘Peping’ Cojuangco, also witnessed the proceeding but came only as an observer.
    But without a representative from the POC, which is vital to make the electoral process legal, the legitimacy of the election is under close scrutiny.
    “The POC never asked me to represent the Olympic body. I’m here as a guest only. I was personally invited by Mrs. Ramos. I remember that Mrs. Ramos also accepted my invitation to be the special guest for the Asian Athletics Championships,” said Go.
    The POC had already informed Mrs. Ramos not to proceed with the election pending the resolution of membership issues after former national coach and chairman of the PBA grassroots development program Errol Chan was elected president in a special general assembly last September 27.
    Mrs. Ramos said she had already informed the POC on November of its scheduled general meeting this January, and that they have already sent the list of the voting members of her group.
    But after completing the said requirements for conducting an election, Ramos lamented that the POC would still not send a representative to the badminton association’s general assembly.
    “Gusto lang kaming pahirapan ni Mr. Cojuangco kasi alam niya na hindi ako bumoto sa kanya,” said Mrs. Ramos, who added that the PBA can still exist since the association is enjoying the recognition of the International Badminton Federation.
    POC spokesman Joey Romasanta said the body is trying hard to settle the leadership crisis in sports associations like badminton in a fair and orderly manner, but was quick to explain that in the end POC recognition is vital.
    “The key is POC recognition,” said Romasanta. “The International Fede-ration will recognize what the POC recognizes, not the other way around. And that’s the reality,” he added.
    Source: www.yehey.com

2. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    Nice article venkatesh. I heard bad stories about Errol Chan from corruption to even **** of female national players.

3. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Really? :eek: Maybe those are just rumors. Who told you?

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow..re-elected??:eek:

5. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    Maybe it is rumors. A lot of people that I know from trainers to badminton enthusiast says nasty things about him which of course again doesn't have a proof.

6. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    If it were true, poor nat'l players. Someone should step up and complain about this. :mad: