Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by iimonkey, Mar 4, 2009.

1. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum and to be amongst badminton fans. My name is Maxx and I am from Toronto. I've just recently (about a month) started picking up badminton again after my 12 year hiatus. Currently, I am just in the process of getting my momentum, techniques, and style refresh. I found BC when I was in the process of looking for a racquet (now, proud owner of an arc 10) and looking into getting a AT900(T/P) and possibly NS9900 (when i have the money...haha) in the near future. I think this is an awesome forum for us badminton pros, rec players and fans and so glad to be amongst you all.

P.S. Please be nice as I am still a noob on this forum and in my play. Feel free to drop me a line :)

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey...everyone's going to be nice to you.Don't worry too much.

Enjoy surfing here.Have a good time!

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Welcome to the forum. You will have a lot of fun here.:)

And of course folks will be nice to you (one who can afford all those racquets might be worth hitting up for a loan some day.;))

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi maxx!
    welcome to the forum!:cool:

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    :mad:
    we are not nice people. we are bad people....! :mad:

ok ok..... joke aside
    hi Maxx,
    welcome to BC ............ :)

hmm..... thinking back, we are really bad people :p:D:p:D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, iimonkey (Maxx)!..Good to hear that you've picked up baddy again after your not too long hiatus. I wished i was in your shoes, as it took me a few more yrs before i re-started playing again.
    As for us being "nice" to you, well, it depends how "nice" you want us to be? You could bake a cake and send one to this forum's owner..But one thing i noticed though, the more you visit BC, the "nicer" we'll be....:p
    Anyway, keep visiting us and do enjoy surfing in here!;):cool:

7. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

8. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

Thank you so much everyone...I am already loving here :) everyone seems very friendly so far ;)

LOL...PLZ don't eat any cake you may receive soon or in the near future hahaha

9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    talking about cake, can we have the badminton racket or shuttlecock looks of cake?? :D:D:D

10. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

gratz on moderator drifit :)

11. norcalstringer

norcalstringer Regular Member

Hi Maxx,

Welcome to BC! Nice to hear that you're enjoying your Arc 10. I bought my Arc 10 in December and it has been my favorite racket since getting it. Where do you play?

12. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

Hello norcalstringer :)

tyty for your warm welcome...wow, it's been like 2 weeks since i had my arcie and i m still not use too it...tho when i smash it just right (tech and all) does it ever sound sweet :) Well i m currently playing at a church 3 times a week...just sorta getting back into badminton...before my haitus, i played competitively at local and provincial lvl... haha but that was way back when...

bay area, ca?>>as in canada or california?? ;)

13. norcalstringer

Interestingly enough, it took me a couple of weeks to get used to the Arc. I used to play with an AT 700 but I'm happy I made the switch. Hopefully, you'll get used to the Arc sooner than later because it's great racket.

I'm actually in California:) I take it you're in Canada?

14. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

hehe...yep i m in canada...

i hope i can get used to arc sooner too...it's (the racquet) such a tease...i mean like when the shots come out well, omg it is so amazing...and when your technique is not right, omg the racquet seems like crap...i guess that is my fault cuz my technique is still rusty...lol...that's one of the thing i love about the arc10, it is one of the few racquet that will help you improve your technique...

o btw, what string do you have on? I am using bg80 (24x26) and within two weeks my tension went down...i think it's about 22 now...sigh...so i m disappointed with my strings. I may end up just cutting the damn thing and restring with nanogy98...a fellow player let me play with his arc10 using nanogy98 strung at 23lbs and omg the repulsion is so amazing...smashes are stronger and faster, and clears are effortless...tho the drops feels a little off...

may i ask y the switch from at700 to arc10?

15. norcalstringer

For the arc, I'm using Nanogy 95 strung at 26x29. It was given to me so I decided to try it. It feels pretty good but the tension has probably decreased to about 25-26 lbs. I normally would cut the strings by now but I'm curious to see how much performance I can get out them before I cut them. Like you, I also tried BG-80 because I've heard good things about it but for some reason, I didn't like it so much. However, I will give BG-80 another shot :D.

I switched to the arc because the AT700 was getting a little heavy because I was using too much energy in producing a strong smash. So, I thought if I could get a lighter racket, it would help. So far, the arc has been a good racket for me and I'm glad I changed. I still pull out the 700 though when I'm warming up and then switch to the arc when I'm in a game. For some reason, it helps me with my timing when I switch between the 700 (during warmups) and the arc when I'm in a game :D

16. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

that's cool...let me know about ngy95's performance :D i m curious too. Ya i was in the same boat with the bg80, heard many great things about it...but i have to admit I am a little disappointed. after trying out the ngy98 u can really see, feel and hear the difference. I know that ngy98 is expensive but for the few dollar difference i m going ngy98 all the way :D I am using my ngy80 for a few more weeks, and then i will switch over to the ngy98 only cuz i m waiting for my friend to restock the strings...maybe he can spot me some...(cross fingers)

17. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    thanks Maxx.......... :)

18. norcalstringer

Echo on the congratulations!