Racket Feels Fragile.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by GTAveteran, Mar 4, 2009.

1. GTAveteran

GTAveteran Regular Member

I recently strung 2lbs higher than I usually string at on my 7k with Bg80 and although it plays great, I'm afraid of doing anything involving power because it feels like the rackethead is going to snap right off when I hit the bird. It feels like I'm wacking metal on metal when I hit the bird. Should I ignore this feeling and continue hitting shots with power as I know this is a result of the high tension + hard feeling on the BG80, but it still feels very weird when playing, like the racket head will fly off. Has everyone went through this and its ok? Thanks

2. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

what is 2lbs higher than your usual tension? most genuine rackets should be able to strung up to 30lbs ok i guess. lol, more likely i think the string might snap by mishit or something rather than head of racket coming off. BG80 is quite less durable than your usual BG65. hahaha, my nanogy 98 only lasted 2 games before snap and needed restring. and that was only at tension 24lbs. went back to my BG65, 23lbs.

although once my friend's clone 7700 head did come flying off and almost hit his partner when strung at 28lbs :p

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    The feel of 80 is indeed hard enough for u to feel that it's going to break ur racket's frame.But i guess that's just a feeling.How high did u strung ur string at now?I strung my 800OF at 29,30lbs with BG80 and still going good.

4. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Keep playing with it, the tension should go down after a couple of days and feel good again.

5. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

Yeah, with BG 80s the feel is pretty dead and it feels like your racket might snap anytime. That's how the strings are.

6. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

That depends on tension. I find BG80 comes alive at around 23-24lbs. Found that while testing for my optimal tension. Starting at 23+lbs, the BG80 gets some bounce to them that is not evident at lower tensions. They also start becoming a lot more communicative.

7. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Now i think i know why you often hide in one corner with your racket in hand, speaking to no one.:D

*sorry for getting off tracked.:)

8. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Got meh?? I thought I only do that at home :rolleyes::rolleyes: