Okay BadmintonCentral. Tell me everything you've got.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by AznAndrew, Mar 4, 2009.

1. AznAndrew

AznAndrew Regular Member

I've been playing badminton since i was 7. Though, i never actually realized how to play until what..like. Last year? Today i realize that my technique is bad. Like, bad bad. Sigh.

So BadmintonCentral folks, i would like you to teach me everything about this sport. Wrist-strength building, how to perform proper smashes, drives, clears, and drops.

I found that my weak spot is aiming where the person is not, my short serves, and my aim/accuracy. My backhand also needs a fine tune up. Actually. I should probably fix my grip also.

You don't even have to type much, giving links are fine also.

Don't worry, i'll be searching the forums for tips also.

* The reason i come to you now, out of any other time is because i've made our high school's badminton team, and even though i have a lot more experience than a few of them, i still fall short in succeeding.

#1 AznAndrew, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Let me be frank, I don't think you will learn much here. Your best bet is to get a coach and believe me you will be heading in the right direction than learning from the written word.

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Yeah, we can't really teach you much since we don't even know how you hit. And explaining in words can only do so much and there is often confusion in that.

4. blundey

blundey Regular Member

www.badmintonbible.com would be a good start for theory, then searching online from some coaching videos/dvds. Failing all that get coaching for 2 hrs to review your form, and then work on it in your own time.

5. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    upload a video of yourself my friend...:)

6. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    get a coach watch lots of videos/movies.
    and practice practice practice.
    if u want general info on badminton search the forums lol there is heaps of thread sout there

7. AznAndrew

AznAndrew Regular Member

Get a coach.....hm. Badminton clubs have already begun MUCH long ago. The usual place where club was held was turned into a gym, so they had to move somewhere. I just don't know where. So, i can't just join anymore :(

But yeah, thanks to you guys who replied. I'll just look around the forums for advice.